wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

US has moral authority on torture
Surealligator
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 07, 2010 1:05:46 PM

It reads like a script out of Nyayo house, only that it's worse.

"One day they took me to a room that had very large snakes in glass boxes. The room was all painted black-and-white, with dim lights. They threatened to leave me there and let the snakes out with me in the room. This really got to me, as there were such sick people that they must have had this room specially made."
Deghayes was eventually moved to Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan, where he was beaten and "kept nude, as part of the process of humiliation due to his religion." U.S. personnel placed Deghayes "inside a closed box with a lock and limited air." He also described seeing U.S. guards sodomize an African prisoner and alleged guards "forced petrol and benzene up the anuses of the prisoners."
"The camp looked like the Nazi camps that I saw in films," Deghayes said.
When Deghayes finally arrived at Guantánamo in September 2002, he found himself the target of the feared IRF teams.
"The IRF team sprayed Mr. Deghayes with mace; they threw him in the air and let him fall on his face … " according to the Spanish investigation. Deghayes says he also endured a "sexual attack." In March 2004, after being "sprayed in the eyes with mace," Deghayes says authorities refused to provide him with medical attention, causing him to permanently lose sight in his right eye. Stafford Smith described the incident:
"They brought their pepper spray and held him down. They held both of his eyes open and sprayed it into his eyes and later took a towel soaked in pepper spray and rubbed it in his eyes.
"Omar could not see from either eye for two weeks, but he gradually got sight back in one eye.
Go overdrive in purchasing the goods when there's blood on the streets, expecially if the blood is your own
Surealligator
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 07, 2010 1:09:14 PM

See it first here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSdj4Lu_oo8
Go overdrive in purchasing the goods when there's blood on the streets, expecially if the blood is your own
Surealligator
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 07, 2010 1:14:29 PM

According to attorney Julia Tarver, one of her clients, Yousef al-Shehri, had a tube inserted with "one [IRF member] holding his chin while the other held him back by his hair, and a medical staff member forcibly inserted the tube in his nose and down his throat" and into his stomach. "No anesthesia or sedative was provided to alleviate the obvious trauma of the procedure." Tarver said this method caused al-Shehri and others to vomit "substantial amounts of blood."

This was painful enough, but al-Shehri, described the removal of the tubes as "unbearable," causing him to pass out from the pain.

According to Tarver, "Nasal gastric (NG) tubes [were removed] by placing a foot on one end of the tube and yanking the detainee's head back by his hair, causing the tube to be painfully ejected from the detainee's nose. Then, in front of the Guantanamo physicians … the guards took NG tubes from one detainee, and with no sanitization whatsoever, reinserted it into the nose of a different detainee. When these tubes were reinserted, the detainees could see the blood and stomach bile from the other detainees remaining on the tubes." Medical staff, according to Tarver, made no effort to intervene. This was one of many incidents where IRF teams facilitated such force-feeding.

Then read the article here

http://www.alternet.org/...rs_at_gitmo_under_obama/
kadonye
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 07, 2010 8:23:37 PM

Scary stuff there in those links.The US makes the Mois and Bandas of Africa look like angels!
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing