wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

61 Pages«<910111213>»
STOCKS TO SELL by yaserbigchair
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#201 Posted : Thursday, December 02, 2010 4:31:49 PM

chemos wrote:
Guys whats your take on this.

Lets say if i have 10000 KPLC shares now and sell them at 25 bob now and then wait for january when rights shares start trading and use the cash to buy the shares then at lets say 20-21 bob effectively increasing the shares that i have to 11900.

is that a good idea albeit being risky?
Very risky. It is highly likely you will end up with at most 80% of your existing KPLC portfolio, not to mention that 4% will go to the brokers & co as commissions.
You may however be lucky if Kibaki and Raila decide to fight!
@SufficientlyP
yaserbigchair
#202 Posted : Thursday, December 02, 2010 7:30:45 PM

@Chemo... DO EXACTLY THAT!

Even though they managed to push the price to 24.25, I don't think they will manage to break through the 25/-

So sell at least at 24 tomorrow, don't be too greedy.

Then get in again when they all.
Sound that I love most: Is the ringing bell of Stock Market.
Sober
#203 Posted : Thursday, December 02, 2010 7:35:34 PM

yaserbigchair wrote:
@Sober
Ask your broker to genuinely tells you what he/she holds on KPLC for this December and what will happen when the rights starts trading i.e 24th January.

Then please Post his/her reply here.

THANKS.

Have you ever realised you better placed to do your research than rely on your broker? Unless he you are talking of the fund managers because theirs is more complicated.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Gatheuzi
#204 Posted : Friday, December 03, 2010 7:49:59 AM

Most of the debt owed to KPLC is by govt institutions and the City Councils. I just watched this clip on 9pm news on NTV where city council of Mombasa claims they are out of electricity yet they even claim that they are owed 300M by KPLC.they resulted to holding some vehicles and the poor KPLC workers.

Councils are just run by a bunch of idiots.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
Sober
#205 Posted : Friday, December 03, 2010 8:34:39 AM

Gatheuzi wrote:
Most of the debt owed to KPLC is by govt institutions and the City Councils. I just watched this clip on 9pm news on NTV where city council of Mombasa claims they are out of electricity yet they even claim that they are owed 300M by KPLC.they resulted to holding some vehicles and the poor KPLC workers.

Councils are just run by a bunch of idiots.

I thought it was 24 million. Anyway it makes ño much difference because even banks have bad loans.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
alikujia
#206 Posted : Friday, December 03, 2010 11:53:07 AM

tricky. But i think the coumcil needs kplc more than the other way round. Ooh no... maybe no - because the council can ban them from its jurisdiction?
Sober
#207 Posted : Friday, December 03, 2010 11:59:24 AM

alikujia wrote:
tricky. But i think the coumcil needs kplc more than the other way round. Ooh no... maybe no - because the council can ban them from its jurisdiction?

Stop lying to yourself KPLC is a national distributor managed by proffesionals. The mombasa city council( or is it county) is run by a bunch of councillors with quetionable academic qualification.
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#208 Posted : Friday, December 03, 2010 1:09:05 PM

alikujia wrote:

KPLC doent have to be in that county to survive!
IMHO, the county needs KPLC more, at least for now!
@SufficientlyP
Sober
#209 Posted : Friday, December 03, 2010 1:12:47 PM

There is some miscommcation here. According to the council, they were to be exempted from come connection fee. Money which they clain KPLC is now demanding.
The ten cars held have been released today.
mzeekijana
#210 Posted : Friday, December 03, 2010 2:12:57 PM

Sober wrote:
.... The mombasa city council( or is it county) is run by a bunch of councillors with quetionable academic qualification.

What u have just said is the TRUTH and NOTHING but the TRUTH....Kwanza starting with their mayor...Aaaaargh...just sickening council..
simonkabz
#211 Posted : Friday, December 03, 2010 2:22:07 PM

Who elects these pple? Msa cbd roads r so potholed
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
VituVingiSana
#212 Posted : Friday, December 03, 2010 7:18:23 PM

simonkabz wrote:
Who elects these pple? Msa cbd roads r so potholed
Maybe @YBC [I think he is from Mombasa] wanted to spook us so had his cousins running KPLC play a prank...

KPLC should 'accidentally' cut off electricity to Mombasa for one day to show them who is boss!!!

BTW, where is @YBC? I challenged him on C&G & KPLC... both whose prices have RISEN...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#213 Posted : Friday, December 03, 2010 7:32:34 PM

yaserbigchair wrote:
DEAR FRIENDS,

I BELIEVE THE FOLLOWING STOCKS TO BE SOLD BEFORE 15TH DECEMBER. ONE CAN TAKE UPTO 5% LOSS IF HE HAS TO.
1. KPLC - ANYWAY I AM SURE YOU WILL GET SOMETHING FROM IT BUT SELL IT ON MONDAY @22.5 OR 24 BEFORE THE CLOSURE OF THAT DAY. AND @20.5 - 21 ON TUESDAY. BEFORE IT GOES BELOW 19.5.
Monday has come & gone. Tuesday has gone. Friday is over. Lakini KPLC is still above 23/- and is not even close to 19.50 let alone below it...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
youcan'tstopusnow
#214 Posted : Friday, December 03, 2010 7:51:11 PM

VVS, maybe 19.5 was a ''typing error'' by yaser smile But it's still early days
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
guru267
#215 Posted : Friday, December 03, 2010 8:45:15 PM

yaserbigchair wrote:
DEAR FRIENDS,

I BELIEVE THE FOLLOWING STOCKS TO BE SOLD BEFORE 15TH DECEMBER. ONE CAN TAKE UPTO 5% LOSS IF HE HAS TO. THEN I WILL TELL YOU WHICH STOCKS TO BUY FOR THE NEXT PERIOD. THESE ARE:-

1. KPLC - ANYWAY I AM SURE YOU WILL GET SOMETHING FROM IT BUT SELL IT ON MONDAY @22.5 OR 24 BEFORE THE CLOSURE OF THAT DAY. AND @20.5 - 21 ON TUESDAY. BEFORE IT GOES BELOW 19.5.

@YBC i think you need to take your crystal ball for servicing...
I thought today we were supposed to be below 19.5 and yet here we are 24% higher than your prediction...

As Kenyans like to say BURE KABISA!!!!!!!!!!
Liar Liar Liar Liar Liar Liar Liar Liar Liar Liar Liar Liar

Next time you feel the urge to shout chukua mastories yako uko kisumu kwa sokoni ya samaki.. The NSE is not for you
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
gatoho
#216 Posted : Saturday, December 04, 2010 2:51:06 AM

guru267 wrote:
yaserbigchair wrote:
DEAR FRIENDS,

I BELIEVE THE FOLLOWING STOCKS TO BE SOLD BEFORE 15TH DECEMBER. ONE CAN TAKE UPTO 5% LOSS IF HE HAS TO. THEN I WILL TELL YOU WHICH STOCKS TO BUY FOR THE NEXT PERIOD. THESE ARE:-

I thought today we were supposed to be below 19.5 and yet here we are 24% higher than your prediction...

Next time you feel the urge to shout chukua mastories yako uko kisumu kwa sokoni ya samaki.. The NSE is not for you

Guru, VVs na Stockmaster.. I still need an old-head mentor as i ry to get into this biashara.. gatoho at y mail .com.. Pray Pray Pray Kandara's finest antaka Kuingia big league.
Foresight..
alustaadh
#217 Posted : Saturday, December 04, 2010 10:37:33 AM

guru267 wrote:
yaserbigchair wrote:
DEAR FRIENDS,

shhhhhh....you might offend our brothers from the lakeside.people do make mistakes from time to time. That is why wazua has gracoisly provided a fantasy stock market for us to practice our theories, totest what works without burning real monet. By the way, the fish market has its share of complexities. I know someone who made a 1.5M loss in the fish market.
It is humiliating to be associated with thieves and murderers.
guru267
#218 Posted : Saturday, December 04, 2010 10:56:56 AM

alustaadh wrote:
people do make mistakes from time to time. That is why wazua has gracoisly provided a fantasy stock market for us to practice our theories, totest what works without burning real monet.

@alustaadh I have no problem with people testing their theories or giving their opinions or even making mistakes on these opinions (GOD KNOW I HAVE)

wazua is a site about serious talk and analysis where people actually come to look for information.

So what I do have a problem with is that someone comes to wazua and SHOUTS at us to sell our shares... And on what basis??? The fact that he is YASERBIGCHAIR.... Total nonsense!!!
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
jerry
#219 Posted : Saturday, December 04, 2010 2:20:57 PM

I think we should start a thread for discussing pple. If you argue with a 'fool'...u know what happens. The only thing I want to hear on this thread is when GoK(or is it PS Kinyua) is introducing their rts in NSE if at all.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
youcan'tstopusnow
#220 Posted : Saturday, December 04, 2010 10:09:48 PM

qw, gatoho needs a mentor. Your T.A skills could come in handy. guru, stocksmaster and VVS, just decline/accept the guy's request so that he moves on from there, instead of giving you his mail on a daily basis on Wazua. gatoho, if you want something done good, do it yourself. You don't need apprenticeship to be good in stocks. Unless you get into the market, (maybe even turn 100k to 50k) you will not learn. You need to have a feel of the market yourself. It is practical and not theoretical. Keep reading Wazua. Nakutakia kila la heri. Tutengeneze pesa
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE