wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<2345>
Orange 3G+ Versus Safaricom 3G internet
katombi.x
#61 Posted : Monday, November 08, 2010 1:44:13 PM

orange 3g+ is much faster than safaricom am using orange 3g+ down speed 200-300kbps up speed 80-120 and cost me only 1k for a full week that`s good
alikujia
#62 Posted : Monday, November 08, 2010 5:54:23 PM

Those in the know - arent these providers with shares in seacom/teams etc paying a fixed cost?
grolut
#63 Posted : Monday, November 08, 2010 7:33:17 PM

I believe they pay a fixed fee per megabit of bandwidth per month. They then sell it on to us, 50 users can share a 1Mbit connection.
In a place where thought is abandoned, freedom can become a curse.
Dod
#64 Posted : Tuesday, November 09, 2010 9:38:04 PM

Safaricom has slashed internet access charges for its post-paid customers by up to 133 per cent....Check Business Daily.
The rich have money working for them; the poor and the middle class are going to work for money.
qw25041985
#65 Posted : Tuesday, November 09, 2010 10:26:12 PM

what about pre-paid customers.Safcom is just a company w/o direction.Post-Paid customers account for less than 10% of its data client yet its concentrating w/ this small segmement.
Why isnt safaricom NOT considering the pre-paid customers.Could it be Orange beat them to this market in the first place ? I think so.
Your future depends on your dreams so go to sleep !
VituVingiSana
#66 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:39:01 AM

Dod wrote:
Safaricom has slashed internet access charges for its post-paid customers by up to 133 per cent....Check Business Daily.

Wait a moment...

If an item is 100/- & I get a 50% discount then it costs me 50/-

If I a 75% discount then it costs me 25/-

If I get a 100% discount then it costs me 0/-

So if I get a 133% discount then does Safaricom pay me?

Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Bettertry
#67 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2010 3:28:03 PM

Seems' like safcon wants to get more people into post-paid with this new prices, that way they'll be guranteed return biz. MJ once said prepaid customers are unreliable coz leo ako kwako kesho kwa jirani and hence from this l derive my logic.
We Will Either Find a Way or Create One - HANNIBAL
mwanahisa
#68 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2010 7:08:32 PM

Bettertry wrote:
Seems' like safcon wants to get more people into post-paid with this new prices, that way they'll be guranteed return biz. MJ once said prepaid customers are unreliable coz leo ako kwako kesho kwa jirani and hence from this l derive my logic.

This is really pissing me off. I guess I will continue using my slow Orange 3G+ modem. I am also looking out for Zuku, if its super fast speeds and ultra low costs (relatively) turn out to be true.
Akuku_Danger
#69 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2010 7:36:49 PM

I am using Safaricom Wimax at home and its really fast, speeds can reach 1.5 mbps at night. Their costs are a bit on the higher side though (5999) but I hear Zuku has introduced super low Wimax offers and even greater speeds (eti wanakinda 8 mbps at 4k). Hope these safaricom leeches lower their price for some of us under contract
chris79
#70 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2010 9:04:49 PM

Now get 100% more data for the same price on purchase of any data bundle, eg 1,000 bob will get you 600MB instead of the usual 300MB. Yet another safaricom offer...
qw25041985
#71 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2010 9:27:10 PM

Zuku hav this very FANTASTIC offer of fiber optic interet.They are currently rollin it out huko kwa masonko ( in kile , muthaiga,lavie e.t.c) Ati they are claiming 1 mbps down for 1K per month.This offer is just crazy.In my hood we also have fiber i hope they consider us.
@mwanahisa. let me correct you Orange isnt slow.If i can stream youtube videos so seamlessly where is the slowness.
I guess competition will trully bring low prices.now all the talk of recouperating initial investment is put under the rags...faster,cheaper,affordable internet is here folks.
alma
#72 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 7:19:13 AM

I saw it yesterday in a friends house...I immediately asked to be connected to the fibre. Given how slow they take to connect (still a weakness with zuku) I will come back and inform you.

I have always said that cable will liberate Kenyans. I like their wifi now I hope that they can carry on their good work on cable and let us get rid of these damn modems once and for all.

8Mbps at 3500ksh. is what I'll be testing...can't believe I said that.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
mwanahisa
#73 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:22:11 AM

qw25041985 wrote:

@mwanahisa. let me correct you Orange isnt slow.If i can stream youtube videos so seamlessly where is the slowness.

Hey man, I can only talk of my own experience. I have certainly not been able to watch videos seamlessly. I have to keep on waiting for it to buffer which makes the experience terrible. I am however able to watch them on the second take once the download is complete. As an example, it took about 45 minutes for the YouTube video on the shooting of the new Safaricom Ad to download. I certainly feel I can get better than that!!
mwanahisa
#74 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:26:59 AM

mwanahisa wrote:
Bettertry wrote:

This is really pissing me off. I guess I will continue using my slow Orange 3G+ modem. I am also looking out for Zuku, if its super fast speeds and ultra low costs (relatively) turn out to be true.

Finally, these Safcom guys are paying heed to the Pre-paid customers. They now have an offer for 4GB at 3,999. I reckon that this is reasonable for those of us who are not able to access the UNTOUCHABLE Zuku offer.

Still more expensive than Orange, but I have had issues with speeds on Orange, so I am willing to pay double for a better experience. But, I will still use Orange for tasks where download speed is not key.
Mpenzi
#75 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:27:36 AM

mwanahisa wrote:
qw25041985 wrote:

Hey man, I can only talk of my own experience. I have certainly not been able to watch videos seamlessly. I have to keep on waiting for it to buffer which makes the experience terrible. I am however able to watch them on the second take once the download is complete. As an example, it took about 45 minutes for the YouTube video on the shooting of the new Safaricom Ad to download. I certainly feel I can get better than that!!

Very true mwanahisa. I have both Safaricom and Orange modems and the latter is much slower.
alma
#76 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:40:58 AM

mwanahisa you are correct. I am creating a video on it as we speak. Will upload it to youtube tommorow. Of course using another provider...then we can see in pictures and video exactly what these fast speeds are.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
propertyzote
#77 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2010 9:26:06 AM

Orange 3G+ Versus Safaricom 3G internet: I have used the two of them extensively and i will highly recommend Safaricom though a bit costly. Terrible experiences with orange made me ditch them. Since my work is more than 100% web based and mobile....I was with a client more than several times using an Orange modem..you have to create stories as you wait for a page to upload.
Orange have the capability and capacity to provide superior services lakini wamelalia maskio tu.

If you are an internet user who is patient, do less of uploads and downloads orange is appropriate and better.
For those who want pages loading at the click of a button Safaricom is your option. @ alma at video uploads you are better use Zuku,KDN or Safaricom in that order.

Orange please stop lying to wakenya that you can stream videos using that bogus ZTE modem..you are not even close to anything,... ama its just me who gets pissed off when i see their not very true advert.
www.propertyzote.com the ultimate ‘one stop online shop’ of choice connecting more people with more properties at the click of a button
kyt
#78 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2010 9:48:15 PM

propertyzote wrote:
Orange 3G+ Versus Safaricom 3G internet: I have used the two of them extensively and i will highly recommend Safaricom though a bit costly. Terrible experiences with orange made me ditch them. Since my work is more than 100% web based and mobile....I was with a client more than several times using an Orange modem..you have to create stories as you wait for a page to upload.
Orange have the capability and capacity to provide superior services lakini wamelalia maskio tu.

If you are an internet user who is patient, do less of uploads and downloads orange is appropriate and better.
For those who want pages loading at the click of a button Safaricom is your option. @ alma at video uploads you are better use Zuku,KDN or Safaricom in that order.

Orange please stop lying to wakenya that you can stream videos using that bogus ZTE modem..you are not even close to anything,... ama its just me who gets pissed off when i see their not very true advert.

its a pain to work with ze french, i talk out of experience. sigh!!!
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
qw25041985
#79 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2010 10:36:53 PM

Safaricom is useless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I mean U-S-E-L-E-S-S. Who wants to buy their expensive data bundles only to be looking at the counter all the time seeing how much mb you have used.Common guys the internet isnt just made up of two websites 10 kb each.There's so much to do on the internet and data bundles reduce the joy of browsing.You need that sence of freedom to browse any website regardless.Ze french have done good w/ Orange.Okay there might be diconnections but which network doesnt have that ? That's why multinationals w/ their 1 gbps networks have backup networks.
Bythe way i am still waiting for a concrete case for Safaricom as my home internet.I think that'll be the biggest joke in the world.Even in developed countries data bundles arent popular.
chris79
#80 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2010 9:20:54 AM

@qw, take a minute and watch this video (that is if you're able to stream it on your Orange connection) and give me just one good reason (apart from price) why I should pay good money to use Orange...

http://www.youtube.com/w...ure=youtube_gdata_player