wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Venturing out of Kenya - Liberia?
Rahatupu
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 05, 2009 5:50:12 PM

This is food for tought.

What about venturing outside of Kenya for investment opportunities? I have these 2 friends in Liberia who have invested in Rice and palm oil farming on a very novel manner. The bulk of the rice was already paid for upfront by WFP.

Opportunities abound if only we venture beyound the horizons.
gk
#2 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 4:18:32 PM

@ raha

...could you shed some more light? some kidogo extra details tafadhali.

muzalendo
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2010 5:06:07 PM

Have been in liberia.Could this be in Foya? whatever the case,the counntry is really gud for serious investors in cereals,food imports and the transport sector within monrovia. Hakuna 25 setter buses as they use taxis(salons & S/Wagons) with afew 14 setter minibus but which carry 18-20 pass.I would go for the tpt.Currency is USD,rate is 1USD=70 Lib dllrs.
chepkel
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 7:43:28 AM

This Liberia thing sounds good. Is the Government and the people friendly to foreign investors and is the level of security good?????
gakige
#5 Posted : Monday, July 05, 2010 3:05:23 PM

I know the Government is encouraging foreign investors. I live in a neighbouring country Côte d'Ivoire and I think there is potential especially in Agriculture. The land is so fertile but it is not utilised. The country seems to be seriously bouncing back from the war. So I would say go for it Kenyans! Personally, I do not have any information about investing there but. You could check out this site http://www.africacncl.or...ia_Investment_Forum.asp
I wish you luck.
I just wish many young Africans were thinking like that. Instead of dying trying to cross dangerous sea to seek opportunities elsewhere.
swaweru
#6 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 9:50:03 AM

The idea of investing in Liberia is awesome. They require no visas and they love Kenyans big time...our military presence some time back inadvertently created a good CV for us.