wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Are Synovate's polls losing credibility?
Njore
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 12:49:06 PM

Surely, I do not need to have even done elementary statistics to know that the polls released by Synovate on Saturday were a complete sham. They cannot fool Kenyans that the ODM's star is rising when we all know very well that the party is seriously divided down the middle. The current storm arising from the differences betweem RAO and Samoie has threated the party's stability like never before.
vinii
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 1:18:13 PM

.......ati 'when we all know very well' ...Upus!
If you are an eagle don't hang around with chickens; chickens don't fly....
McReggae
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 1:21:07 PM

indeed........lol!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
KenyanLyrics
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 1:22:52 PM

Synovate are a big sham. Their methodology involves use of the very archaic diary method, and on top of this, their panels are very small(usually around 1000 people).
There's always glaring errors in their reports, e.g in their digital analysis report, they claimed that there are more Facebook users than e-mail users(yet you need e-mail to use Facebook)
McReggae
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 1:30:16 PM

Yu need email address to open facebook......after that many people live on facebook yet check email say once in a week....thought yu could figure that out!!!!
simonkabz
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 2:09:34 PM

My million dollar question is, is the PM as popular as he was in 2007? Having lost the entire kalenjin loyalty n a big chunk of fanatics, I doubt he can get 40%. In the last elections, he barely garnered 45% with an apparently overwhelming support. Just my poor thoughts.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
vinii
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 2:24:15 PM

simonkabz wrote:
My million dollar question is, is the PM as popular as he was in 2007? Having lost the entire kalenjin loyalty n a big chunk of fanatics, I doubt he can get 40%. In the last elections, he barely garnered 45% with an apparently overwhelming support. Just my poor thoughts.

The PM may not be as popular as he was in '07 but the million dollar question is - does he hv any serious challenger ? or is the next prezzo lurking someone waiting for an opportune moment?
If you are an eagle don't hang around with chickens; chickens don't fly....
McReggae
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 3:35:00 PM

simonkabz, now how many of kibaki diehards then (2007) now support the PM?........
kadonye
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 3:48:16 PM

I believe synovate.Remember the 'too close to call' poll before 07?Again, as much as Arap Odinga has lost Kalenjin vote, he has gained immensely among the GEMA communities
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
Magigi
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 3:55:35 PM

...so how come whatever they 'prophesy' always, always comes to pass?
thuks
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 7:07:02 PM

Magigi wrote:

Some are complaining because the prediction is not according to their likes. However, people should know this is only predictive, just like the weather men's prediction never comes to pass
I care!
KenyanLyrics
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 9:30:31 PM

Magigi wrote:

Social proof principle. Synovate polls are used to plant the seed
kyt
#13 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 10:01:38 PM

KenyanLyrics wrote:
Magigi wrote:

Social proof principle. Synovate polls are used to plant the seed

i beg to differ there is no seed planted on me. My guy people lie, numbers dont.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
KenyanLyrics
#14 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 10:33:50 PM

Look, these polls are used to reel in undecided voters(who are always the swing vote). In times of doubt, people look to what other people are doing for validation(Social Proof principle). Might not work on you, but it works on a ton of other people. That is the only reason why many of these cooked polls seem like the truth in the end, but if you look closely at the poll itself and the method behind it, you can easily see through the propaganda. Don't be so naive to think that political data as powerful as this is not manipulated.
Sober
#15 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 9:02:23 AM

Njore wrote:
Surely, I do not need to have even done elementary statistics to know that the polls released by Synovate on Saturday were a complete sham. They cannot fool Kenyans that the ODM's star is rising when we all know very well that the party is seriously divided down the middle. The current storm arising from the differences betweem RAO and Samoie has threated the party's stability like never before.

why were they released on a weekend? just a concern.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Djinn
#16 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 9:14:13 AM

KenyanLyrics wrote:
Synovate are a big sham. Their methodology involves use of the very archaic diary method, and on top of this, their panels are very small(usually around 1000 people).
There's always glaring errors in their reports, e.g in their digital analysis report, they claimed that there are more Facebook users than e-mail users(yet you need e-mail to use Facebook)

pls provide details of this report - a link perhaps. I also am weary of some of these polls which most times seek to mould opinions rather than measure them...
Elder
#17 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 9:38:52 AM

KenyanLyrics wrote:

What is the archaic diary method that say they use? Are you referring to the diary method of media tracking? And what to you is the acceptable sample size for polling?
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
Intelligentsia
#18 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 9:54:56 AM

the devil is always in the timing of when the results are released.
Like deflecting attention, in this case from the divide in ODM.

Sober
#19 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 10:09:06 AM

2012 is very far. remember what catapulted MK to the helm was when MO1 insisted on UK and the 'rainbow guys' walked out. that was only 5 months to elections. we are two years away.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
keraka
#20 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 10:29:16 AM

Truth is sycophants and bigots will always dispute opinion polls when their favourite candidate read tribal lord is not doing favourably in the polls.Truth is the opinion looks objective though not accurate.I expected Bill Ruto to score above 70% in RV.
Then kenyans have a a way of behaving and acting differently.For instance a gud no. of kiuks will tell u how they admire RAOS charisma whatever it is but silently they swear never to vote for him.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.