wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
CONFIRMED: Ruto going to the Hague
Shak
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 03, 2010 10:11:10 PM

News just out from Citizen news. He's going to meet ocampo along with his lawyers. Wonder what he's hoping to achieve
Sober
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 03, 2010 11:25:35 PM

Watu waendee. Ruto plane just dispatched enroute to Netherlands. We'll miss miss you brother.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Impunity
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 2:33:33 AM

And he thinks he will be back anytime in the next decade?
He has kissed Kenya goodbye.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Robinhood
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 7:55:59 AM

He is on familiarization tour. He will soon be living there for a long stretch of time. I wonder where he left his KKK brother.
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
kenmac
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:07:18 AM

>> time for Ocampo to go looking for that hanging noose used on Sadaam and Chemical Ali...
......Ecclesiastes
kadonye
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:07:23 AM

Safiri salama Ruto na ukae huko.Has he resigned as MP?Utaacha ubunge wako utaenda, utaenda Den Haag kwa Ocampo!
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
Sober
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:31:55 AM

Am reading mischief here, what if it's a strategy tn remain relevant.
I say this because he would have just called MO.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
KulaRaha
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:48:45 AM

What if he's going to cut a deal and turn witness? Then he can say he was instructed to do things by the powers that be...
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
X13united
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 9:01:05 AM

Guys,lets not pass the wrong info to the public. News in indicates that Ruto merely requested to share a cup of coffee with our man Okampo. It was Ruto's idea to have the appointment.
Elder
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 9:23:43 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
What if he's going to cut a deal and turn witness? Then he can say he was instructed to do things by the powers that be...

Exactly what crossed my mind. More-so having in mind the noise his side-kicks have been making about the pentagon and PEV.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
Njung'e
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 9:28:01 AM

KulaRaha wrote:

I also read something like....HE IS GOING TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT...Bet!He's gonna spill the beans for sure.Can i hear some deafening silence from so quartersPray
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
XSK
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 10:28:33 AM

KulaRaha wrote:

@KR,

Would he be allowed considering that he may be in the list of those who "apparently bear the greatest responsibility"?
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
McReggae
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 10:41:12 AM

The same guy who said it would take 100 years for hague to handle PEV!!!!
Posted November 04, 2010 01:31 AM

"When you watch William Ruto closely, you get the impression that he is not very smart. Consider: (1) He is the politician who has talked the most about the Hague for the last three years. Why draw attention to himself? (2) Last month Ocampo sounded surprised by Ruto's letter. Why the impatience? (3) Is Ruto going to the Hague to fix top ODM politicians? If he had anything substantial, he would have leaked it by now. His behavior over time tells me Ruto will eventually "fry" in his own fat."......says somebody!!!

..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Robinhood
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 10:49:43 AM

I think lawyers call it plea bargaining... where you implicate your partners in crime and then get off lightly. One must admire Ruto for sure...
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
Intelligentsia
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 10:54:59 AM

its simple really - check if his air ticket is return or one-way. Maybe sealed warrants were issued for his arrest.
Sober
#16 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 11:06:27 AM

whaterver the dude is doing, it was aftre a lot of consultation and deliberation. this means that he has the best results intended for himself. no one would hurt himself, aven a mad man runs away if he sees an oncoming vehicle.
McReggae
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 11:11:37 AM

All in all the guy has courage!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
rasilio
#18 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 11:27:39 AM

Actually McReggae it is not courage. He has to do it if he has good lawyers.

The hague process is not about jailing people its about getting the most culpable. It gives an opportunity to those who have been adversely mentioned to clear their names.

what you can deduce for now is that Ruto has been adversely mentioned. He has received a copy of what others have said about him.

So the prosecutor allows you to tell your side of the story based on what they have.

The fact that he has decided to go straight to Ocampo and not to the investigators who are in Kenya show that things aren't very rosy.

It could also be another publicity stunt where he pretends he's gone there after being forced to by Raila and he came back clean. After all the topic now is that Raila is finishing him.

Whatever it is, that smile he had is for you. But deep down, he knows he's in deep dudu.
sheep
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 11:30:10 AM

I dont believe ruto is that naive...lazima he has a trump card up his sleeve... maybe he has 'hard evidence' that will implicate Rao and kibs... je kutaendaje?
The utimate goal of investing is to buy low sell high;if we re-write this core equation in psychology terms it becomes buy fear sell greed.
rasilio
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 11:54:27 AM

@sheep, Ruto is in deep dudu.

No lawyer worth his salt can allow their client to give info to a prosecutor or police unless things are not too good.

Get rid of this idea that he has dirty linen. Those that are implicated have received their letters. Going by how Kibaki and Raila have been spitting fire lately, be guaranteed they don't have letters.

Those implicated may choose to go and give their side of the story.

This is the scenario.

"hi I'm Ruto bwana Ocampo"
"Oh hi bwana Ruto, so what have you come to do here?"

So he is the one going to tell Ocampo what he knows. This may help him. At the same time, it may also give Ocampo the evidence he needs to prosecute him.

this is no laughing matter. Question is, who is next? Or will the others be clever enough to keep quiet and let the prosecutor come up with his own evidence or bribe witnesses with 50 million.

If only they had known Kibaki would turn on them, they would have set up a local tribunal and felled the new constitution.