wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

FINALLY A. KIMUNYA HAS GROWN REAL TEETH...
Kaigangio
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 2:14:17 PM

hi all,

I think this time round the public transport industry will be tamed kabisa and sanity brought back...14 seaters cease to be licenced as from january 2011...all public transport operators to join a licenced sacco or a transportation company by end of Dec 2010 in order to be elligible for the business, meaning to drivers and makangas it will be a normal and well guarded job just like the others, no more "squads"...

hey kimunya we not only want those teeth but fangs to subdue these mathree holigans..

looks like the meat has become juicier again in mathree industry...i am considering going back in...or could i be making a big mistake again?
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
MaichBlack
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 2:30:31 PM

Kaigangio wrote:
hi all,

I think this time round the public transport industry will be tamed kabisa and sanity brought back...14 seaters cease to be licenced as from january 2011...all public transport operators to join a licenced sacco or a transportation company by end of Dec 2010 in order to be elligible for the business, meaning to drivers and makangas it will be a normal and well guarded job just like the others, no more "squads"...

hey kimunya we not only want those teeth but fangs to subdue these mathree holigans..

looks like the meat has become juicier again in mathree industry...i am considering going back in...or could i be making a big mistake again?

Corruption, Corruption, Corruption!!!

What's all this fascination with phasing out 14 seater matatus? Why do we always insist on killing the baby as soon as he gets a cold? Phasing out 14 seaters will not bring back sanity to the roads. who do you think will be driving the 33/48 seaters? Get creative solutions!!!

This is my take - and my explanation as to why I believe this is another scam in the making. Some big shots have realized how lucrative the matatu business is and the want a piece of the cake. Nay, they want the whole cake! What to do? Start Bus Companies, but before then, get rid of the matatus to avoid competition. We'll end up with bus company monopolies in charge of public transport! Monopolies!!! Guess who'll be owning them!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
extrablessed
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 2:31:29 PM

I guess kimunya is a brainee...He is handling the issue like a wise manager would! Sorting out the issue from the root! Its much easier to deal with organised saccos than to deal with thousands of individual matatu owners. Once established, the govt will now put pressure on the saccos to reign on their members...

Well done Kimunya
segemia
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 2:49:50 PM

@ MaichBlack,

When Michuki introduced the seat belts and speed governors and reinforced them, people echoed the same and identical sentiments. I believe it saved alot of lives until the jerkass Mwakwere took the helm and everything fell apart and we were back to square A.

To me it does not matter who the owners of buses will be. All that matters is whether as a commutter, I will be valued and treated with dignity. I will also need a vehicle for which i can channel my complaints if for whatever reason I get harrassed by these matatu goons.
Intelligentsia
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 2:58:06 PM

will that remove mungiks, kamjesh et al from matatu termini?
MachariaN
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 3:00:39 PM

Kaigangio wrote:
hi all,

Is it logical to purchase a 29 seater Isuzu bus & register it under the KBS Management franchise.What returns would i be looking at per day after deducting the costs?Is this a wise venture?
What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? Mark 8:36
XSK
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 3:02:30 PM

Intelligentsia wrote:

@intelli

That remains to be seen.
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
bwenyenye
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 3:02:34 PM

@ All

I think as said earlier, it is easier to control organised saccos that individual matatus. However, there is the downside of entrenching the same gangs that Michuki tried to phase out including Mungiki as they take over the stages. The days of paying up 'route fees' are back. Just that now they are sunctioned by governement. They days of arbitrary price hikes by certain routes are back. In short, we are legalising Route Cartels once more unless proper measures are taken to curtail these.
I think the governemnt should restart a proper commuter service that is run on the basis of time like KBS was. Actually, the NCC should do this, but we now know the charatcer of the Town Clerk .. ABK!
I Think Therefore I Am
McReggae
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 3:11:23 PM

A long journey must start somewhere, I think Kimunya's starting point seems sound!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Amir
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 3:26:05 PM

I once owned ma3 and i burnt my fingers in toto!!! What traffic cops/mungiki, driver/makanga and mechanics did to me was too much to bear. Nowadays i just watch from a distance the happenings in this industry.
Nimebaki kuwa just another commuter.

The Brave may not live forever - but the cautious do not live at all: Richard Branson
slammers
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 3:28:27 PM

the come back of my ex-mp george thuo with citihoppa
Sober
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 3:35:56 PM

Intelligentsia wrote:

there is more to this than what the minister and the other kenyans want us to believe. the most important things here, are not talked about because they are illegal.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Kaigangio
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 4:22:09 PM

This is my take…phase out the 14 seater and introduce the 29/33 carrier buses… in the short term the public service vehicles will be reduced by almost half and any jam associated with the “nissans” will be effectively reduced and most probably the commuter time will be reduced etc. to “my car” people, less fuel consumption, less bodyworks and hence more disposable income or savings.

Registration with saccos or other transport companies…the overall management of the vehicles without the interference by the vehicle owners…the companies most likely will be dealing with issues related to gangs, rogue police officers and other undesirables in addition to looking at the welfare of their members…the mungikis and the like will soon run out of business…
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
XSK
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 4:34:09 PM

Kaigangio wrote:
This is my take…phase out the 14 seater and introduce the 29/33 carrier buses… in the short term the public service vehicles will be reduced by almost half and any jam associated with the “nissans” will be effectively reduced and most probably the commuter time will be reduced etc. to “my car” people, less fuel consumption, less bodyworks and hence more disposable income or savings.

Registration with saccos or other transport companies…the overall management of the vehicles without the interference by the vehicle owners…the companies most likely will be dealing with issues related to gangs, rogue police officers and other undesirables in addition to looking at the welfare of their members…the mungikis and the like will soon run out of business…

@Kaigangio,

if this is true and i hope it is, then we can say for sure that Kimunya is leading the second birth of a discipline, money making matatu industry.
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!