wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Bethuel Kiplagat hands in resignation letter
Intelligentsia
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 2:37:32 PM

Looking at the wider picture, the Kiplagat saga reveals fundamental and disturbing flaws in our recruitment system (both Parliament and approved his appointment). NSIS likely vetted the s.o.b. & gave the bozzo the thmbs up. Why didn't the issues come up then?
It is only after the civil (and uncivil) society and kina koigi wa wamwere started protesting that the MPs back-pedalled on their collective decision and pips sat up to ask hard questions.
Our lessons learnt? Need for a thorough due diligence on the background of those we entrust with public service jobs.
Sober
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 3:34:00 PM

Jump-steady wrote:
@Sober, i hope you are not just dropping names just for the sake of it. I am surprised Ababu features - please fill me in on what this guy has been doing given that he is not even an asst. minister...

ababu ate corn. that forced him to stop and stay cool despite being an ODM fanatic.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
bwenyenye
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 3:46:17 PM

Sad place for him to be especially when I remember how the guy was so vocal against the PEV in the midst of it all.His comrade in arms then, that KTDA mzee Achieng' Ongonga also did not survive his position. Kiplagat should have quit while ahead. d'oh!
I Think Therefore I Am
Njung'e
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 4:31:29 PM

FINALLY......!!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Intelligentsia
#25 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 4:52:01 PM

Ndio huyo ameng'atuka.
surprise surprise d'oh! , its not resignation, but the creep is actually stepping aside. He is after all going to submit himself to the tribunal! ABK can he just disappear - can the appointing authority meanwhile quickly appoint another team so that he's effectively locked out.

http://www.kbc.co.ke/news.asp?nid=67352

The embattled chairman of the Truth, Justice and Reconciliation Commission -TJRC - Bethuel Kiplagat has finally bowed to public pressure and stepped aside to allow a tribunal investigate allegations leveled against him.

Kiplagat says he has decided to give the tribunal an opportunity to put doubts concerning his credibility to rest.

"I still believe that we must uphold the constitutional right of every Kenyan to be considered innocent until and unless proven guilty in a Court of law and, therefore, see the Tribunal as an opportunity to finally put any doubts about my credibility to rest once and for all," he said.

Tebes
#26 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 5:24:58 PM

@Intelligentsia

Is it proper for any public servant to "step aside"? Any definition for this new found strategy to cling onto public Jobs? I thought a person can only in service, suspended or sacked. Anyone in the house with a better interpretation? Do these people have lockers to stand on, sorry, locus standi?

"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."