wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Breaking News: Ruto should face charges
muganda
#1 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 5:46:18 PM

CONSTITUTIONAL COURT rules Minister Ruto should face Sh96m fraud charges over sale of Ngong Forest land to Kenya Pipeline Company 9 years ago....

Can we assume the court is just doing its job - no hanky panky - just its job in this new Kenya.

mjuaji wa stocks
#2 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 5:50:42 PM

muganda wrote:
CONSTITUTIONAL COURT rules Minister Ruto should face Sh96m fraud charges over sale of Ngong Forest land to Kenya Pipeline Company 9 years ago....

Can we assume the court is just doing its job - no hanky panky - just its job in this new Kenya.

AKAMATWE PAP!!!
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

Kaigangio
#3 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 5:57:47 PM

@ mjuaji,

akamatwe na nani?.....may be Iteere himselfLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
nostoppingthis
#4 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 6:00:06 PM

muganda wrote:

Muganda, nipe link...

I presume this is one of the turning points between him and RAO...
#5 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 6:05:41 PM

So will he first complete his sentence at the Hague then do the Kamiti one or...?

BBI will solve it
:)
muganda
#6 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 6:12:30 PM

Hii kitu is so hot wamemaliza kuchapisha habari sasa hivi.
Shika mujibu pap... http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/11j4c3oz/-/index.html
poundfoolish
#7 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 6:20:06 PM

hii mambo ni biad....
Politicks is a dirty game... but the poor boy had no options.. either fight the Bigger Fish(and be crowned tribal chief) or tow the line and forever play second fiddles....
too many enemies, just peep at the list; RAO,TORO,UK,BAKS,Bw.Chairman a.k.a man Giddy a.k.a Pappa's Favourite,Mzee Chamber tombers a.k.a lie low like envelopes.

too many for a budding career

ama ataanza na Kamiti kisha Hague
nostoppingthis
#8 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 6:23:12 PM

This sentence from the link indicates that WR seems to be admitting that many were involved, but KACC targeted him and a few individuals. Is he admitting guilt already?

"He said he did not receive any money from the sale of land in Ngong Forest and accused the Kenya Anti Corruption Commission (Kacc) of discrimination.

Challenging the Sh96 million graft allegation, the minister said of 16 government departments and offices that facilitated the transfer of the land he is accused of selling, Kacc only targeted a few individuals"
Wambui Roms
#9 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 6:24:12 PM

Give Ceasar what belongs to him,lets see how this goes
vinii
#10 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 6:57:13 PM

.....a case of chickens coming home to roost.....
If you are an eagle don't hang around with chickens; chickens don't fly....
jk2010x
#11 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 10:20:45 PM

The corruption ridden kenyan justice system is suddenly saying that Ruto should probably be jailed over the 96 Million case.

I think this is comical at best.
The current kenyan justice system is too rotten and has no moral authority to handle any corruption case.Where is anglo leasing? where is goldenberg?? It is obviously clear that the justice system is being abused to score political goals-and the main basis is the fact that there have been many more corruption cases before and no one has ever been found guilty.

Further, ruto, is not just an ordinary individual-he is a king of his ethnic nation and attempting to "finish" him will evoke a political reaction that may be much more costlier to the country.His community is his insurance against any local jail( a hague jail is a different cup of tea though).Keep reading..

Njung'e
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 10:51:59 AM

Politics aside.Let the mboy face the law.he can go to court and mount defence.....meanwhile,we await to see how soon Baks and RAO will send him home on half pay.......if they are good to do that.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Elder
#13 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 11:03:21 AM

jk2010x wrote:
The corruption ridden kenyan justice system is suddenly saying that Ruto should probably be jailed over the 96 Million case.

Ruto who was charged way back had moved the Constitutional Court to stay his being charged claiming his Constitutional right was being infringed by the charge. The Constitutional Court finally rules on that and says that he should stand trial. So where do you get the 'justice system is suddenly saying that Ruto should probably be jailed' from?

jk2010x wrote:
I think this is comical at best.

You are comical. At the very least.

jk2010x wrote:
The current kenyan justice system is too rotten and has no moral authority to handle any corruption case.Where is anglo leasing? where is goldenberg??

Eureka! So because other corrupt individuals have not been charged nobody should be? Why not do away with the whole justice system then and let everyone be the judge and executioner?

jk2010x wrote:
It is obviously clear that the justice system is being abused to score political goals-and the main basis is the fact that there have been many more corruption cases before and no one has ever been found guilty.

Obvious to you maybe but not from where am sitting. So if no one has ever been found guilty it means that charging anybody with corruption is an abuse of the justice system?

Are you alright?

jk2010x wrote:
Further, ruto, is not just an ordinary individual-he is a king of his ethnic nation and attempting to "finish" him will evoke a political reaction that may be much more costlier to the country.His community is his insurance against any local jail( a hague jail is a different cup of tea though).Keep reading..

With respect this argument reminds me of some stuff that if it were to be mined would be found on your Southern ends. Luckily that stuff is all yours.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
Robinhood
#14 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 9:47:59 AM

The script according to Kenyas; when a politician you don't like is facing the court process you cheer, when a politician you like no matter how corrupt or evil is facing legal troubles, you blame political interference.
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
newfarer
#15 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 10:02:36 AM

Ruto should just resign and even better commit sucide , that will set a very good precedence and that is what they do in Japan.And by the way what is Mututho saying , eti he also ate the said Land money.
http://www.standardmedia...00020505&cid=4&

He should also join Ruto in committing suide Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

and by the way Mututho is trying to scratch Rutos back because his metal in in the furnace , chuma chake ki mitoni

http://www.nation.co.ke/...8/-/aq3uoe/-/index.html

http://www.nation.co.ke/...on/-/hjmhbo/-/index.html
punda amecheka
nostoppingthis
#16 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 10:33:15 AM

Ruto has been given a chance to prove his innocence, why fret over the accusations?
If i know I am clean in whatever deal, if there are any doubts, I'll appear to prove my innocence. But what the accusers should do, is call everyone involved in the deal so that it is more objective...
Impunity
#17 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 10:38:39 AM

Ruto has 9 lives, and he is living the 9th one!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

nostoppingthis
#18 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 10:40:52 AM

Impunity wrote:
Ruto has 9 lives, and he is living the 9th one!

You might be surprised that he will come out of this even stronger.

But how will his exclusion from Cabinet impact on 2012 presidency?
YesuWangu
#19 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 12:29:41 PM

poundfoolish wrote:
hii mambo ni biad....
Politicks is a dirty game... but the poor boy had no options.. either fight the Bigger Fish(and be crowned tribal chief) or tow the line and forever play second fiddles....
too many enemies, just peep at the list; RAO,TORO,UK,BAKS,Bw.Chairman a.k.a man Giddy a.k.a Pappa's Favourite,Mzee Chamber tombers a.k.a lie low like envelopes.

too many for a budding career

ama ataanza na Kamiti kisha Hague

I thought i heard my own things and I have been wondering about it ever since. So its true he did say chamber tombers! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Back to Ruto, all this is a grand plot to stop his grand march into state house, after doing proper dress rehearsal for 2012 in the referendum single handedly getting all of 3 million votes that he is assured of getting in 2012 and getting saved to top it up... Raila Odinga is surely an evil man. May the Elijahs' fire fall from heaven and burn him up...
nostoppingthis
#20 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 12:36:13 PM

YesuWangu wrote:
poundfoolish wrote:

Back to Ruto, all this is a grand plot to stop his grand march into state house, after doing proper dress rehearsal for 2012 in the referendum single handedly getting all of 3 million votes that he is assured of getting in 2012 and getting saved to top it up... Raila Odinga is surely an evil man. May the Elijahs' fire fall from heaven and burn him up...

I do not agree with you here! The 3 million votes were not entirely due to WR, don't confuse that.
You squarely now put the blame on RAO for WR's "predicaments"..how now? Where it will get tricky for RAO is when he makes that decision to relieve WR from his duties, baks ain't doing no such thing (they have asked AG to show the way forward)..sijui if this is shifting blame on whatever the outcome will be