wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
Does Karua want Raila's Sister to be a Maid?
marex
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 2:17:01 PM

How may diplomats abroad have an IR background? This Hullabaloo about Raila sis appointments abroad is Hogwash. Raila has a duty to serve his family first before he serves the nation and days when educational backgrounds used to determine careers is long gone....ama Karua herself had a Phd in water engineering when she was a minister for water? Nonsense!!!
The way I am
mnandii
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 2:23:13 PM

marex wrote:
....ama Karua herself had a Phd in water engineering when she was a minister for water? Nonsense!!!

smile smile smile Drool Drool
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
Ray
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:01:42 PM

http://www.nation.co.ke/...2/-/uo3nac/-/index.html

This is what Karua is against.Nepotism and Tribalism.
kelele.com
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:07:24 PM

Nepotism My Arse....nal!!!.........as Marex stated... Raila has duty towards his family before he can serve the nation..and this applies to every other leader....if my people are qualified to handle the best jobs..let them have the jobs!!!!! I don't to show the nation that I am not nepostic....if there is a word like that......by letting my kin languish in colourless jobs!!
Sina Signature. NKT
selah
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:24:06 PM

If you cant find fault with Raila appointing his sister and another relative.Then this country will continue to have 'potential for greatness'.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
nostoppingthis
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:41:32 PM

Ray wrote:
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/677062/-/uo3nac/-/index.html

This is what Karua is against.Nepotism and Tribalism.

Did she raise this when Stanley Murage was appointed?
True, it doesn't make it right, but then again why raise it when you see fit?
If she was championing against this, she should sound the alarm at all times as @selah indicates
newfarer
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:47:24 PM

These politicians are just a reflection of the whole kenyan society.
We are quick to condemn them yet people here are encouraging tribal spats by saying this tribe does this , this tribe does that.Yet a whole tribe cannot do the same thing. It is individuals in that tribe who do some of the said things not all the whole tribe .Lets first stop tribal stereotypes here in Wazua,then we can condemn our politicians
punda amecheka
MaichBlack
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:05:56 PM

@marex and @makele - You need to be ashamed of yourselves. Raila should realize that Kenya is not his grandmother's kitchen. And this applies to all politicians and government officials who practice nepotism - not only Raila. This is the most stupid kind of reasoning I have ever heard. Have you guys been so brainwashed you'll be cheerleaders for an individual no matter what he does? Hii ni kurogwa ama ni namna gani? Duty to family my foot? Using whose resources? Mine? I have no problem with anyone having a duty to his family but he had better use his own resources. I suggest you distribute some of the assets of your employer to your languishing relatives and see how that goes.

I don't care who anyone is, he/she has to follow the same procedures as everyone else. If Raila's sister wanted to be an ambassador she should have applied like everyone else, gone through the recruitment process [conducted by an independent body] and if she succeeds, well and good.

NB: Before you start screaming at the top of your voices, I still rank Raila above the other prospective presidential candidates but unlike you, I am not brainwashed. I call it as I see it. And in this you have failed terribly. Being a sister to someone should never be a qualification for any job - and especially if that job belongs to and is paid for by the Kenyans. By the way, if Raila's sister decides to buy a shanty house in the name of an embassy for 1 billion do they call a family meeting to discuss the issue? ABK!!!

@marex - I guess the rest of us who are not related to Raila [you included] are mboches!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Kaigangio
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:21:06 PM

here we are....back to the old good days!!
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
marex
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:22:43 PM

U can rant..but I still support my stand !...the issue is there just coz its Raila........its just another fault finding mission..nothing else!!
The way I am
Wendz
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:24:22 PM

Oooooooh, I also believe she should just shut up and even apologise to kenyans for pointing fingers at the PM..... She should have thought better that he actually needs to serve his family first.... he is a family man, now, isnt he? In any case, Kosgey is such a tribalist!.... The PM has to serve his family first then the country and kenyans should have known better than raise hell over such a small matter.... Kosgey, being just a minister, did not have that right to serve (not even his family first, his community) first....... The PM is being attacked and he is innocent..... Kosgey is a tribalist.... why should he appoint anyone from his tribe..(qualified or not)..... that's only a reserve for our dear PM... and no one should even mention it... everyone should just shut up and mind their own business until Ngilu, Kosgey, Poghisio appoint their own tribesmen... and Nepotism and tribalism come knocking and hurling of insults start.....

Rule of this game: it is only nepotism and tribalism as long as the "appointor" and the appointee are not from our communities!

Sounds like another "very brilliant and well deserved", usual kenyan haki yetu!!!
nostoppingthis
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:29:51 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
@marex and @makele - You need to be ashamed of yourselves. Raila should realize that Kenya is not his grandmother's kitchen. And this applies to all politicians and government officials who practice nepotism - not only Raila. This is the most stupid kind of reasoning I have ever heard. Have you guys been so brainwashed you'll be cheerleaders for an individual no matter what he does? Hii ni kurogwa ama ni namna gani? Duty to family my foot? Using whose resources? Mine? I have no problem with anyone having a duty to his family but he had better use his own resources. I suggest you distribute some of the assets of your employer to your languishing relatives and see how that goes.

I don't care who anyone is, he/she has to follow the same procedures as everyone else. If Raila's sister wanted to be an ambassador she should have applied like everyone else, gone through the recruitment process [conducted by an independent body] and if she succeeds, well and good.

NB: Before you start screaming at the top of your voices, I still rank Raila above the other prospective presidential candidates but unlike you, I am not brainwashed. I call it as I see it. And in this you have failed terribly. Being a sister to someone should never be a qualification for any job - and especially if that job belongs to and is paid for by the Kenyans. By the way, if Raila's sister decides to buy a shanty house in the name of an embassy for 1 billion do they call a family meeting to discuss the issue? ABK!!!

@marex - I guess the rest of us who are not related to Raila [you included] are mboches!

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

marex
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:33:38 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
@marex and @makele -

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

u sound like a mbotch already!!
The way I am
poundfoolish
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:47:02 PM

As i work on my thesis.. i have been reading most if not all postings, comments and contribution on Wazua over the last couple of weeks, probably a month or so.
It is in the general purpose and interest that i should make my little findings(before i hand over to my professor)accessible to all esteemed members of Wazua..
to summarise the matter i shall just give a crux of it. and herein my conclusion explaining the sudden implosion of rebukes and acibic diversions to original posts..

Conclusion: The sun in Nairobi/Kenya seems to be having an effect on members..
newfarer
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:03:58 PM

I think we shall call for immediate amendment of the new constitution to ensure that any leader who is involved in nepotism is made to resign immediately.An Act of parliament could also work.

Otherwise in the current situation unless you have a Godfather huwesmek .
No wonder corruption will never end in this country.The problem is that it benefits a chosen few.A large majority of Kenyans are wallowing in poverty , whether in Nyanza(ever heard of fish for sex poverty Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you ) or Central provinces (jiggers)Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you EasternShame on you Shame on you Shame on you relief food molyo

Just to mention the shame in the turfs of the so called principals

punda amecheka
selah
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:09:54 PM

poundfoolish wrote:
As i work on my thesis.. i have been reading most if not all postings, comments and contribution on Wazua over the last couple of weeks, probably a month or so.
It is in the general purpose and interest that i should make my little findings(before i hand over to my professor)accessible to all esteemed members of Wazua..
to summarise the matter i shall just give a crux of it. and herein my conclusion explaining the sudden implosion of rebukes and acibic diversions to original posts..

Conclusion: The sun in Nairobi/Kenya seems to be having an effect on members..

What a load of nothingness.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
newfarer
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:17:33 PM

All said and done, come 2012 God willing , I promise myself to vote for a new face as my president .I WILL NOT VOTE FOR ANY OLD FACE IN THE PRESIDENTIAL CONTEST.

Mukiha , if you have any access to Abdulkadir Muhammed???? of the Constitution fame, tell him to stand , I will give him my vote and will call upon my friends and anyone willing to listen to me to support him.

To Ocampo , if you read wazua, please pick your guests before 2011 .Tujipange(we plan ourselves)

punda amecheka
arapsonkot
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:19:56 PM

Kenya inawenyewe
Sent from my iPad" is the new "Haters gonna hate".
Robinhood
#19 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:50:59 PM

I just cannot believe that some people see nothing wrong in appointing relatives to public offices. They are the same guys who will complain endlessly when MPs appoints wives, girlfriends, in-laws, mistresses, uncles Etc to CDF committees and then wonder why there is so much corruption and wastage in use of CDF funds. does anyone expect the PMs sister to be disciplined in case of corruption allegations? It truly is our time to eat. Nktest
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
kadonye
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:58:51 PM

IMHO, Kibaki is the best president we've ever had.But his biggest failure is tribalismand tribal appointments

Now if I am to vote in Raila, what hope would I have in him?Nepotism is worse than tribalism

Does anyone remember why Raila and Tuju fell apart?Ida was pushing for a relative of theirs to be appointed KBC MD.Tuju opted for Waruru

This is among the reasons which would make me not vote for the guy.If you make me hate Kibaki, give me a big change.

I thought Karua questioned Kibaki's fake appointments too!Did I see someone trying to say she's only attacking Raila?

What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing