Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages«<3456>
ESTHER MURUGI, THE GAY RIGHTS FIGHTER
Wendz
#81 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 1:57:53 PM

Mpenzi wrote:
Wendz wrote:
@Rasilio & firstbody

Please help answer Kaigangio's question.

Kaigangio wrote:

a question is begging for an answer though...do we encourage our children to engage in homosexuality or not?

I think we are dealing too much on whether gayism exists or it doesnt and i dont think there is anyone who refutes that.... It is here, with us... but question is...... (see above).

If the answer is yes, case closed. if it is no, what's the solution.

@Wendz, I put it to you that that is not the question. Indeed the abovementioned question is diversionally. The real question is: Since gays and lesbians exist and live among us, should their practice remain a criminal offence?, should they be harassed, beaten as has happened at the Coast?, should they be so treated until they cower in fear and not reveal their sexual orientation?

The argument as regards unequal access to medical care and information is this: Gays and lesbians may require particular information as how to avoid HIV infection that is peculiar to their practices - no such information is currently available from govt bodies charged with educating the public on HIV. Further, becoz of legal and societal aversion against gays and lesbians, the latter are afraid to give the true history of some of their medical conditions - this is another barrier to medical care. These two aspects is what Murugi' beef was all about.

@Mpenzi
In your opinion, what do you suggest we do with them? And how about those who practice bestiality, prostitution, rape, incest..... so what do we do with all these others? M Kilonzo said, as long as you keep it in your bedroom, no one cares what you do....

How to avoid HIV infection? Doesnt matter which entry or EXIT you are using they are ABCD! Simple... what more information do they require or kwani how is their HIV transmitted?
Wendz
#82 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 2:03:22 PM

My 2 cents wrote:
Wendz wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
Some people are simply born gay.

Really? But, wait a second, how come this thing is mostly in our towns and we do not have the same in shags areas? Infact, it is not even much in the slums... or are gays born in towns? and especially along our coastline etc where these wazungus who are known to mostly practice it are found.......... or do they "migrate" to conducive areas?

@Wendz you simply cannot force people to feel a particular way about a particular sex. Some people are just born preferring one sex over the other. Granted most of us prefer the opposite sex, but some of us (estimated at about 10% in all societies) prefer their own sex.

The difference is that some of those 10% depending on which part of the world they are choose to go on the down low.

centi mbili... you avoided my question. How come we do not have this things in our up-country societies if its an inborn thing and its just in towns... and not everywhere in towns, because we do not hear of these problems in slums? Am just trying to understand.
nostoppingthis
#83 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 2:03:29 PM

Wendz wrote:
Mpenzi wrote:
Wendz wrote:
@Rasilio & firstbody

Please help answer Kaigangio's question.

Kaigangio wrote:

a question is begging for an answer though...do we encourage our children to engage in homosexuality or not?

I think we are dealing too much on whether gayism exists or it doesnt and i dont think there is anyone who refutes that.... It is here, with us... but question is...... (see above).

If the answer is yes, case closed. if it is no, what's the solution.

@Wendz, I put it to you that that is not the question. Indeed the abovementioned question is diversionally. The real question is: Since gays and lesbians exist and live among us, should their practice remain a criminal offence?, should they be harassed, beaten as has happened at the Coast?, should they be so treated until they cower in fear and not reveal their sexual orientation?

The argument as regards unequal access to medical care and information is this: Gays and lesbians may require particular information as how to avoid HIV infection that is peculiar to their practices - no such information is currently available from govt bodies charged with educating the public on HIV. Further, becoz of legal and societal aversion against gays and lesbians, the latter are afraid to give the true history of some of their medical conditions - this is another barrier to medical care. These two aspects is what Murugi' beef was all about.

@Mpenzi
In your opinion, what do you suggest we do with them? And how about those who practice beastiality, prostitution, rape, incest..... so what do we do with all these others? M Kilonzo said, as long as you keep it in your bedroom, no one cares what you do....

How to avoid HIV infection? Doesnt matter which entry or EXIT you are using they are ABCD! Simple... what more information do they require or kwani how is their HIV transmitted?

Pray Pray Pray What happens if the virus is transmitted in the highlighted act? but this act should happen anywhere, hata kama ni bedroom
masukuma
#84 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 2:11:30 PM

lets face it...the habit is disgusting. I believe its a "bug"...a result of bad nurture rather than nature. its like fishing in your nose, its improper but if you do it too long u cannot stop it coz u like it. it can be fixed if people wanted to, but the liberals among us want to say its not. Ask yourself, if all major religions don't want it and they always seem to preach Love, Kindness, Charity, Peace and all other virtues that sustain society, why didn't they just think its OK, it hurts no one, let people proceed with it.
because...no one is born with it....no one is actually born sexual. its a social thing, a bug that is induced during the formative years of life. some were raped by their fathers or introduced to it in high school, some failed to have proper relations with their folks.
P.S.
Why haven't the liberals amongst us answered my query on "Livestock Love" eh...may be 1% of humans were "born" with it too and after all some practice it and it hurts no one, if we have the right to Kill our Livestock, Beat them, why shouldn't people have the right to "Love" their beasts behind closed doors or in the privacy of the Cattle shed. Bure Kabisa!!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Tebes
#85 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 2:29:56 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

An intresting definition of "BENDERS" by Clay Muganda, Nation today, pg 30;

"What are benders, you may ask? They are desperate gay menwho can touch their toes any time, anywhere, for any man, for a few shillings, a drink, drugs, a meal, or because they are seeking recognition through association."

Now would you encourage your son to join/be one of such a group or association?Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
Wendz
#86 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 2:58:59 PM

Mpenzi wrote:
Wendz wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
Some people are simply born gay.

Really? But, wait a second, how come this thing is mostly in our towns and we do not have the same in shags areas? Infact, it is not even much in the slums... or are gays born in towns? and especially along our coastline etc where these wazungus who are known to mostly practice it are found.......... or do they "migrate" to conducive areas?

@Wendz

It could be that people in towns are more open and unafraid to reveal their status. An analogy is that women in towns are more likely to fight for their rights than those in rural areas - a factor of education, open-mindedness, independence etc

could it also be that these same women have "acquired/learnt/contracted" the vice in the same towns (they are more exposed to the vice than their counterparts)? How about those in slums? Slums are in towns, right? And we know majority of the prostitutes do live in slums too... how come this thing is also not there too?
My 2 cents
#87 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 3:11:17 PM

@Wendz I did not avoid your question. I said that gays in some areas choose to live in secrecy because of the repercussions of coming out.

@Masukuma, keep the debate about humans. We are discussing human relations. What is your fascination with farm animals anyway?

@ Tebes, I believe once your son is 21 years old, you will respect him enough to give him the space to make his own decisions. He will be an adult after all. Does your father make your decisions for you?
Tebes
#88 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 3:25:53 PM

My 2 cents wrote:
@Wendz I did not avoid your question. I said that gays in some areas choose to live in secrecy because of the repercussions of coming out.

@Masukuma, keep the debate about humans. We are discussing human relations. What is your fascination with farm animals anyway?

@ Tebes, I believe once your son is 21 years old, you will respect him enough to give him the space to make his own decisions. He will be an adult after all. Does your father make your decisions for you?

@ your 2 cents

Definitely I will give him space, but WILL NEVER encourage him!!!Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
masukuma
#89 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 3:42:11 PM

@My 2 cents,
why limit our discussions to human relations to human-to-human relations?
WHO SAID HUMANS can only relate with HUMANS?
If you cannot find a LOGICAL reason to outlaw human-to-beast relation other than its unnatural, disgusting i.e. it makes you nauseous and makes your stomach queasy and yet it serves no purpose in the grand scheme of things but does not hurt or infringe on the rights of anyone. Why should we accept your arguments on same-sex relations? yet to some of us, they all fall in the same category - DISGUSTING, UNNATURAL, MAKES US NAUSEOUS AND MAKES OUR STOMACH QUEASY AND YET IT SERVES NO PURPOSE IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS BUT DOES NOT HURT OR INFRINGE ON THE RIGHTS OF ANYONE.
Do you see the folly of your Argument?
Mpenzi
#90 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 4:02:12 PM

Wendz wrote:

@Mpenzi
In your opinion, what do you suggest we do with them? And how about those who practice bestiality, prostitution, rape, incest..... so what do we do with all these others? M Kilonzo said, as long as you keep it in your bedroom, no one cares what you do....

We should let them be instead of jailing them (I mean gays and lesbians) instead of jailing and lynching them.

Stop confusing the debate by citing others that do stuff without the consent of the other party eg rapists and those that commit incest. Those are clearly crimes.
masukuma
#91 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 4:10:57 PM

Mpenzi wrote:
Wendz wrote:

@Mpenzi

We should let them be instead of jailing them (I mean gays and lesbians) instead of jailing and lynching them.

Stop confusing the debate by citing others that do stuff without the consent of the other party eg rapists and those that commit incest. Those are clearly crimes.

How?
Mpenzi
#92 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 4:16:06 PM

@masukuma, am not interested in debating bestiality coz its not the issue here.
dossy7
#93 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 4:16:20 PM

Mpenzi wrote:
Wendz wrote:

@Mpenzi

@Mpenzi i believe as long as they dont go everywhere announcing to the world that they are gay nobody will even bother lynching and harrasing them.LET THEM KEEP IT TO THE BEDROOM AND NOT SHARE IT WITH THE WORLD.
As i have said before everybody who is HIV positive Or has TB are been treated the same way in our hospitals so we don't need lame excuses for them to walk around in our towns holding their hands and caressing in public in the name of being denied their human rights.
Kenya ni yetu sisi sote
nostoppingthis
#94 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 4:34:12 PM

masukuma wrote:
Mpenzi wrote:
Wendz wrote:

@Mpenzi

How?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

masukuma
#95 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 4:45:01 PM

Mpenzi wrote:
@masukuma, am not interested in debating bestiality coz its not the issue here.

you are not interested? yet its is really the same issue. are you not interested because its an unthinkable thing? well, we also think same-sex relations are unthinkable. but we are interested in telling you just what we think of it.
seppuku
#96 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 5:06:04 PM

I am one of those people who suspect there's something innate about homosexuality. Think about it, the thought of having sex (or any exaggerated contact) with members of the same sex as yourself makes most heterosexual people cringe. How then do homosexuals find pleasure - even pride, in such a creepy practice? To me, you've got to be FUNDAMENTALLY (read biologically) different to be gay. I also think lack of access to heterosexual sex, say in prison or single-sex schools, predisposes people to it. Should it be illegal? I am not sure. I think there are strong arguments for and against its legalization. I don't want my children to grow up thinking it's okay to be gay because my neighbor is openly gay. Similarly, I don't want those who choose that way of life to be lynched or jailed because of it. I don't think it is fair. Is there any research out there that correlates the prevalence of homosexuality in a country and it's legality?
Learn first to treat your time as you would your money, then treat your money as you do your time.
masukuma
#97 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 5:15:46 PM

seppuku wrote:
Think about it, the thought of having sex (or any exaggerated contact) with members of the same sex as yourself makes most heterosexual people cringe. How then do homosexuals find pleasure - even pride, in such a creepy practice? To me, you've got to be FUNDAMENTALLY (read biologically) different to be gay.

think about Bestiality, does it have the same effect on you? do you think they are "FUNDAMENTALLY (read biologically) different"

seppuku wrote:

Similarly, I don't want those who choose that way of life to be lynched or jailed because of it. I don't think it is fair

should we do the same to the filthy men-beasts that do unthinkable things that makes most people "cringe" to animals.
My 2 cents
#98 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 5:17:25 PM

Precisely. Why would someone choose to be gay in a society like ours (VERY HOMOPHOBIC) if they can avoid it? Just read this post and see the reactions.

The answer is that gays did not choose to be gay just as the rest of us did not choose to be heterosexual. It just so happens that is the way we are; and the way they are.

LIVE AND LET LIVE.
masukuma
#99 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 5:37:54 PM

@My 2 cents, people still choose to do very strange things. whether or not society approves of them or not thats why we have jails and prisons. thats why people still rape children in a society that clearly disapproves of such practices and the reason they continue doing such demented things is because they are faulty beings...human beings, but that is not an excuse, human beings are intellectual being that should aspire to be better not rationalize obvious choices of life.
Baratang
#100 Posted : Saturday, October 09, 2010 10:06:21 AM

Another scrap of truth about the disgusting vice:

http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/5gnwn6z/-/index.html

The gays should never be tolerated in our communities.