wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Clinton: How US ‘got tough’ with Kibaki and Raila
Jangwa la Jangili
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 12:25:08 PM

Interesting...

http://www.nation.co.ke/...1/-/ulfv2cz/-/index.html
Katika Jangwa la Jangili ndipo Pwagu hupata Pwaguzi.
Surealligator
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:17:35 PM

Speaking at a gathering of US envoys to African states in Washington, Mrs Clinton said her government “kept hammering” at President Kibaki and Prime Minister Raila Odinga in a series of “straight talking meetings” which she said had started yielding fruits.

Choosing blunt words that diplomats usually eschew, Mrs Clinton added: “We kept hammering on them, we kept calling them. We didn’t give them much rest.”

“And we had some of the most straight-talking meetings with the President, the Prime Minister, and Cabinet members that you could imagine,” the secretary of state continued. “And we, of course, carried a message from President Obama because of his personal connection with Kenya.”

When I said Kibaki and Raila would have preferred no, some people here doubted what I was saying. Let us give credit where it is due, Obama gave us a chance to re engineer ourselves without manipulation from local politicians, let us keep the fire burning.
Go overdrive in purchasing the goods when there's blood on the streets, expecially if the blood is your own
Surealligator
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:19:44 PM

She argued that following the US pressure, Kenyan leaders had started implementing reforms and cited the peaceful referendum on the new Constitution that was held on August 4 as an example.

“We’re beginning to see Kenyans themselves taking responsibility for their own future,” she declared, citing the smooth conduct and outcome of the August 4 referendum.
Go overdrive in purchasing the goods when there's blood on the streets, expecially if the blood is your own
thuks
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 10:30:16 PM

as usual, america wants credit for success while playing the moral high ground. even the guys i believed in wazua are obsessed with america(propaganda machine)?
I care!
Surealligator
#5 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 10:28:03 AM

thuks wrote:
as usual, america wants credit for success while playing the moral high ground. even the guys i believed in wazua are obsessed with america(propaganda machine)?

@Thuks

Kwani you were a prefect during Maziwa ya Nyayo era? I want yes or no answers. Story miingi wacha.
Jangwa la Jangili
#6 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 10:42:29 AM

"“I see Secretary Clinton in the audience,” she recalled the Kenyan official (an assistant minister) as saying on that occasion. “She and America just kept telling us to quit killing each other, and that’s what we’re trying to do.”"

Basic lessons in diplo-speak should be made mandatory for all ministers, assistant ministers and senior civil servants. Remember a certain Canadian leader who got in trouble a few years ago for saying some games/event should not come to Africa out of fear that savages might boil and eat him up? You can see where he was coming from.
Katika Jangwa la Jangili ndipo Pwagu hupata Pwaguzi.