wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages<1234>»
ESTHER MURUGI, THE GAY RIGHTS FIGHTER
rasilio
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 5:43:44 PM

why is it that when those that consider themselves moral and upright talk about sex it becomes such a big thing?

I would have expected us to be marching in the streets when someone's face was removed by DOCTORS.

But NO! Gay people, Lesbians! Orgies! People humping! Hell NO! No! No!

The world is ending!

Relax a bit. There are more serious issues than some two guys humping in their room.

Unless of course you want to watch, or have thought about it, or have imagined it.

Let's Stone Them Now! All of THEM! d'oh!
Wendz
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 5:50:32 PM

rasilio wrote:
Applause Applause

Yes! Let's burn them all. That GUARANTEES the "moral" ones among us go to "heaven".d'oh!

Read whatever you may.... but yeah, I would love to see that someday....... Or may be we should allow them to sodomise our children so that we can GUARANTEE them a ticket to heaven.....

Why aren't we fighting for the rights of those who practice beastiality/zoophillia, prostitution, and child molestation in the same breath or dont they have rights too?

I thought this topic is about Gays.... not doctors... doctors had their day in another thread unless you missed it.

My 2 cents
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 5:51:52 PM

Wendz and several others are you confusing two issues. Who said all gays are molesters? I believe there are child molesters on either side.

My take is that it is NONE OF MY BUSINESS what two consenting adults do to each other in private.

rasilio
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 5:59:40 PM

If it is illegal them please take them to court for trial. I have my own thoughts on any laws that try to judge morality.
In the meantime, I will abstain from lining up to stone the next person I consider immoral. I have my own moral issues to deal with.

Just a thought.
segemia
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 6:12:00 PM

To all those who seems to be supporting Murugi,

In case our sons come with men proposing to marry them and daughters with women doing likewise, we embrace them and throw expensive wedding ceremonies for them right here in Kenya?

I fully support Wendz that these gays are upto no good and they should be stoned or even hanged twice for that practise.NKT!!!
Wendz
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 6:25:15 PM

I think we are blowing this issue out of proportion. No one said they have no moral issues. We all do, and many more may be more than the gayism...... But i also know i do not have to hide my feelings about it just because i have my moral issues...... I dont have to condone it just because am not an angel(which am not if i may declare right here).... the gay also have a right to express their dislike on the "straights" moral decay.... and i would have no problem if they shouted it on top of the hills even if i practice the same vice... Its their opinion......
rasilio
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 6:36:24 PM

If we get the moral crap out of the issues we can help ourselves save our children.

Murugi suggested that we should offer healthcare even to those who are gay mainly because of the effects of HIV to our culture.

Just to give you an idea of what is going on, since it seems most have moral blinders 24hours a day.

A gay person in Kenya has 90% chance of sleeping with a "normal" girl. Most gay guys are married and look very nice. I am sure some are posting the stone the gays posts here. After going with his gay guy, he then goes home and sleeps with the wife.

Now tell me, who is suffering here?

The issue is not gayness as some would like us to believe. It is a bigger issue than most think. I have the statistics with me from our last research, believe me, you have no idea how pervasive lesbianism and gaysm is in kenya.

it may be affecting you as you watch and take the next stone to stone someone.

So issue is health care. So my humble view is that health care should be given to all irrespective of sexual orientation.

Otherwise, it may be in your home as we speak.

As for the topic on whether they should sleep together or not or marry, then I would advice you to bring up your children wisely. As msotoville said, it is a choice.

You don't want to parent gays do you? So more parenting and less stoning.
leona
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 6:56:51 PM

rasilio wrote:
If we get the moral crap out of the issues we can help ourselves save our children.

Murugi suggested that we should offer healthcare even to those who are gay mainly because of the effects of HIV to our culture.

Just to give you an idea of what is going on, since it seems most have moral blinders 24hours a day.

A gay person in Kenya has 90% chance of sleeping with a "normal" girl. Most gay guys are married and look very nice. I am sure some are posting the stone the gays posts here. After going with his gay guy, he then goes home and sleeps with the wife.

The issue is not gayness as some would like us to believe. It is a bigger issue than most think. I have the statistics with me from our last research, believe me, you have no idea how pervasive lesbianism and gaysm is in kenya.

So issue is health care. So my humble view is that health care should be given to all irrespective of sexual orientation.

As for the topic on whether they should sleep together or not or marry, then I would advice you to bring up your children wisely. As msotoville said, it is a choice.

Applause Applause Applause

There're lots of gay men in marriages,a fact most of us opt to turn a blind eye to. When arguing lets not get too emotional to see the point. Gays are there,but does that mean they're out there to sodomize our kids? It's said that in every 30min,a woman is raped in Kenya. 70% of these are our little girls. Raped and molested by our very own straight brothers and husbands.

The issue here is not gaysim and whether it's morally wrong or right. The issue is: Should healthcare be affordable and accessible to all regardless of their sexual orientation?
Nevermind what haters say, ignore them til they fade away - Just live your life
grolut
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 7:38:31 PM

leona wrote:
rasilio wrote:

There're lots of gay men in marriages,a fact most of us opt to turn a blind eye to. When arguing lets not get too emotional to see the point. Gays are there,but does that mean they're out there to sodomize our kids? It's said that in every 30min,a woman is raped in Kenya. 70% of these are our little girls. Raped and molested by our very own straight brothers and husbands.

The issue here is not gaysim and whether it's morally wrong or right. The issue is: Should healthcare be affordable and accessible to all regardless of their sexual orientation?

In a place where thought is abandoned, freedom can become a curse.
Wendz
#30 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 8:58:44 AM

I was going to ask this yesterday but on reading @leona's response, i thought may be i was "emotional" and thought well, it could be coz am pretty passionate on this issue and decided to think it through..... and i have concluded may be what i need here is education.

@leona/rasilio/anyone else who has some info that i may not have.....

Please explain to me like a 4 year old how the gay are denied access to medical care in this country....

What i did yesterday, i decided to ask anyone who cared to respond these three questions and they all seemed to have the same no-answer unless there is someone here who has a contrary experience

I asked them if they have, recently, sought medical services and if on any form they were required to fill in on their medical history they came across questions such as follows

11.(a) Are you gay?
(b) Is there anyone in your family who has ever suffered from this condition?
(c) If any of the above answers is in the affirmative, please explain.

12. how did you contract your disease - especially the case of HIV

They also confirmed that none of the doctors they consulted asked them, directly or indirectly any of these questions. I also have never been asked these questions in all my many years in this good earth. So my humble question is, how are these guys discriminated against when they seek medical services?(am just ignorant)

This led me to some conclusions that either

1. there is a streak of HIV that targets only the gay people (and thats how doctors and other health professionals get to know how these guys contracted it hence deny them medical attention)

2. There may be a special condition (which i am not aware of) that affects this group of people and the only way it is contracted is through this practice

3. If none of the above is true, then they could be using this (to win sympathizers) to demand that we accept their practice as normal.

Well, i dont know, but may be this education will help me accept charles Wanjiku (formally Charles Mwangi) as my "daughter in law" and may be manage to help "her" adjust her straps on "her" wedding day knowing very well all those straps are supporting is some mandazi nylon papers stuffed with some old magazettis for a 'chesty' lookSad Sad Sad (ngai fafa... God forbid)
Njung'e
#31 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 9:33:59 AM

Parents.....Worst news you want to never hear is that your daughter or son is a.....Tuwache tuu!!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
rasilio
#32 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 9:58:36 AM

Thank you Wendz for that very realistic take to the issue at hand.

I will apologize before hand for this long post.

I am neither for or against gay rights. I consider that a societal issue and to be honest, it may be too late.

I am more concerned with the medical issue at hand. Murugi would not have said what she did unless there is overwhelming evidence of something very tragic happening. I want to remind you that the current rates of HIV are most prevalent with married couples.

The truth of the matter is that most people who are gay are also in heterosexual relationships.

The ones not being given medical attention are the overtly gay. Like the ones being shown on TV. This unfortunately is the picture the media wants to paint on the gay issue. It is not the case. Most in the Kenyan community are upwardly mobile and are to put it midly "role models" in our society.

The Band Played On

The history of the epidemic is fraught with stigmatizing, simple conclusions and ostrich like behavior.

Regan refused to fund HIV because it mainly affected "those people". So for a long time CDC scientists could not stop its spread. After all, only gay people were affected and its best for them to go to hell mapema.

When they proved that it was spread through blood, even the Red Cross refused to screen blood. That is until children started dying.

When it came to Kenya, again we said it is only affecting people in the coast, Luos and prostitutes. That is until women who have only slept with their husbands started dying.

Please read the book by Randy Shilts. It is a poetry masterpiece on how human beings deal with none issues as the main issues continue to eat at us.

Kenya as it Is

Mirugi is asking us to not repeat the mistake again.

If you take a trip on facebook to do dustbin research, you will find a strong gay and lesbian community in Kenya.

I am not supporting gay rights. But I will not pretend that they don't exist and they may be affecting my children as we speak.

How many of us know we are totally safe?

It is true that openly gay guys are denied access to health care. All you have to do is read the posts on this forum that is full of educated people.

Now what do you think is happening to the young penniless gay prostitute in Lamu? Or haven't you gone outside Ambassador hotel and seen a thriving gay prostitute industry. Those married men come back to your home.

When your husband goes to Mombasa, he looks for his ndogo ndogo. A ndogo ndogo you know about and approve of. When he was not around, the ndogo ndogo her own gacugua. The male gacugua is a dual citizen for lack of a better word.

His kaboyfi is HIV positive and because he's the one wearing the earings, is chased by the Luhya watchie who would rather burn him.

Your husband comes back home to you.

The Stoning Parable

When this parable is spoken my pastor says that we should not stone others as we have also sinned.

I tend to disagree.

I think it means, stop stoning as the next person being stoned, MAY BE YOU.

The Issue

The issue is not gay rights. I doubt if that is coming in my lifetime to Kenya.

The issue is medical support for everyone and accepting that they exist.
dossy7
#33 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 10:14:50 AM

As much as we can argue nobody has ever been denied medical services because of their sexual orientation in this country.So there must be a hidden agenda somewhere that we are not seeing.Sad Sad
Kenya ni yetu sisi sote
Kaigangio
#34 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 11:46:05 AM

@ rasilio

did you say that some fellows are actually married (to women) and that they are gays during the day? i need some help here...

...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
Ray
#35 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 12:43:52 PM

Kaigangio wrote:
@ rasilio

did you say that some fellows are actually married (to women) and that they are gays during the day? i need some help here...

@ Kaigangio,
It's a reality and it's happening.Rumour has it that the son of JK who died recently was gay though married with one child.
Mpenzi
#36 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:01:05 PM

Wendz wrote:

@leona/rasilio/anyone else who has some info that i may not have.....

Please explain to me like a 4 year old how the gay are denied access to medical care in this country....

@Wendz
It may not be direct denial/discrimination but the fact the homosexuality is a criminal offence and the fact that there is a lot of hate speech/actions directed against gays makes it harder for them to come out in the open (eg to seek medical attention particularly as regards medical conditions that could be connected to their practice).
Wendz
#37 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:14:17 PM

dossy7 wrote:
As much as we can argue nobody has ever been denied medical services because of their sexual orientation in this country.So there must be a hidden agenda somewhere that we are not seeing.Sad Sad

Thats my beef.... i have never heard anywhere where someone has been denied medical services.... its a backstreet way of forcing kenyans to accept this crap openly... its because, this is not like a disease/condition that you were born with and you have no control over...

There is this clip doing rounds on FB and the main issue that the dude(gay) has is (the message to government)

1. They think of us
2. everyone with his life and how they get their daily bread
3. Wasitutenge, wasitulaumu na wasitudhulumu
4. Tupewe haki yetu na pia sisi tuone raha..
5. Tunanyanyaswa
6. Tumeaumua tujiuze hapa mpaka dakika ya misho

If these are the representatives of gay who have been given a chance to air their grievances on a public television and this is what they have, where did we come up with the medical issues? why didnt they raise it as an issue - it should be a big problem, i think. its criminal to be denied medical services and that should be the biggest fight? From what i get from that clip I wonder why then prostitution is illegal.

@mpenzi
Thing is, there is no where one is asked to declare their sexual orientation when they go to hospital.... so why not just walk to the hospital? I am straight, but i dont go announcing it to everyone in the street or walk like am about to jump into bed with the next person walking infront of me (which is the tabia they want us to accept).... or how else does one tell if one is gay or not?
the sage
#38 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 3:14:00 PM

@Kaiganjo, they are there.
@Wendz, prostitution is not illegal, pimping is.
@All WHO CARES!
Mpenzi
#39 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 3:20:41 PM

Wendz wrote:

@mpenzi
Thing is, there is no where one is asked to declare their sexual orientation when they go to hospital.... so why not just walk to the hospital? I am straight, but i dont go announcing it to everyone in the street or walk like am about to jump into bed with the next person walking infront of me (which is the tabia they want us to accept).... or how else does one tell if one is gay or not?

@Wendz, clearly you have not taken time to read my post.
Wendz
#40 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 3:28:48 PM

@mpenzi...

Sorry, i have read it again, sloooowly.... i now understand.... especially the criminal & the aggression towards them bit.

And yes, i dont think discrimination is the problem. they want "recognition"... I dont know how.....

I got it!

http://www.facebook.com/...ideo.php?v=460416300768

Enjoy