wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Ocampo must go!!!
MaichBlack
#21 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 6:38:10 PM

Jaina wrote:
As a victim of PEV i find alot of ignorance from people advocating for ICC and hague.

Those who killed maimed and destroyed other peoples property were frustrated and lazy kenyans well known by us the victims. Some of them are so ashamed of their actions and are somewhat apologetic now. However its difficult to forgive let alone forget.
How will Ocampo help me and numerous of other families if he arrests a few politicians?. How will the country ever heal if the some of the victims are still languishing in camps?.

@Jaina - I'm very sorry for what happened to you and your family. Every time I personally meet a victim of the PEV I'm totally overcome. Some people only see the victims on TV but when you meet a person who explains to you their personal experience and how their lives have turned upside ever since, you have to have a heart made of stone not to shed a tear or two. What happened to you should never happen to any Kenyan. Pole sana.

Having said that, I believe the best way is for Ocampo to take his main culprits and then we can deal with the rest. Most people have been advocating for two parallel systems. Hague for the politicians, financiers, planners and other such like people. Local for the rest. If the 'big shots' are left to the Kenyan system then you can bet the victims - like yourself - will never get justice. When we get the big guys out, then the rest will remain exposed and we can deal with them under the existing laws. There are laws to deal with murderers, rapists, arsonists, armed robbers, looters etc. All we need is a number of courts [and judges] to deal exclusively with such cases for the next couple of years.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#22 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 6:39:55 PM

@Jaina - Why did you delete your post [Post #20]?
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
masukuma
#23 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 8:50:22 AM

Justice must be done and MUST BE SEEN TO HAVE BEEN DONE. If the ICC was to do any meaningful work in Kenya, it must start where the chaos started before arresting the people who retaliated with force to stop their own from being slaughtered like chicken as the rest of the nation watched and sometimes cheered on (does anyone remember episodes in Kericho? Kipkelion? Bomet? Molo? Waylaying on Nakuru Kisumu road?).
Justice must be blind to 2012 politics. The attacks at Naivasha happened on Jan 28th 2008 (if i can remember correctly), but more attacks happened a between 31st Jan and 27th that forced people to react. Now before arresting and persecuting the bulk of people in-charge of Jan 28th matters - arrest the aggressors first, work on them and then arrest retaliators. It would be silly to arrest 6 people (5 of them from central Kenya and 1 from rift valley) and claim you have caught the head of the snake and WISH that PEV will not happen again, coz you will only have sent a signal that people can get away with aggressive offenses but never with defensive offenses.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!