wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Ocampo must go!!!
guard
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 8:29:41 PM

The drama surrounding the PEV is never ending soon.As a Kenyan againist Impunity,I was amongst those who thought that ICC should drive into town arrest the suspects and lock them forever in hell..However,what has going on of late is making me rethink this ICC thing all together.ICC has absolutely no right treating Kenya like a child and demanding this and that.Paul mwangi in hi commentry in todays paper put it quite clearly.I think we as Kenyans are capable of dealing with the PEV.What is lacking is the political will.But this can be sorted out someow without selling our soverignity to this Kangaroo court which is a classic example of modern day colonialism in Africa....Having travelled widely in Africa,I can assure you that this western controlled court has no good intentions on Africa..Our country is among the few African states that have functioning state machinery.we should bid our time and try sort our mess,because ICC will never ever solve our mess.They will just make us a laughing stock.we are already..Think Please some one get this ICC thing off our beloved land.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
Magigi
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 10:38:29 PM

Really???. A people who behave like maniacs need to be policed. Yes, call it colonisation...But that is what people who are so primitive need!I am not very well schooled in law but I know there are international legal intruments that have to be observed by all states and more so countries that are signatories to these statutes. The recent showing of Bashir in our function is a clear attestation that the government is not willing to do anything to end this kind of behaviour.
guard
#3 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 12:07:53 AM

@magigi,Kenyans are not Primitive.Sometimes we just dont want to accept the reality.We are fond of shortcuts.Like this ICC thing is a shorcut to end impunity.Its not gonna happen.After ICC comes and goes,Kenyans will still remain the same,hot headed trying to look for shortcuts to solve our problems...Did you hear Kibaki asking for help from Brazil to solve our football mess??laughable!!As if he doesnt know where problem and solution lie..By being signatories of these International treaties doesn't mean all our internal problems have to be reffered to them.Our problem is and will remain political irresponsibility.and only Kenyans can fix that.....
Robinhood
#4 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 9:22:18 AM

@guard, you must be among those who believe Ocampo is targeting a certain community...

Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
MaichBlack
#5 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 9:44:20 AM

@guard - I don't know [or care!] if it is you or your boss who is the Waki list but the perpetrators of the PEV must be shipped to the Hague - sooner rather than later! All this 'colonialism', 'sovereign state', 'my tribe...' nonsense should stop!

"We can deal with the PEV...". Nonsense!!! Absolute bull crap. What else have "we" dealt with to prove "we" have the capacity AND willpower [both political and otherwise] to deal with this? There will be political interference, court injunctions and so much circus it will be 50 years before the first suspect shows up in court. And he will be the guy who killed the neighbours dog!

Let the main guys be shipped to the Hague irrespective of their party affiliation, tribe, gender, religion or any other group they want to associate themselves with and we will deal with the "laughing stock" manenos and other related issues later. One way would be to deal with the medium and small fish - all the way to the 'foot soldiers'. That ought to keep "us" occupied for a couple of years.

@guard - You had better start house hunting at the Hague. You might need some relatives and/or friends near you during the trial.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
vinii
#6 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 10:40:09 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
@guard - I don't know [or care!] if it is you or your boss who is the Waki list but the perpetrators of the PEV must be shipped to the Hague - sooner rather than later! All this 'colonialism', 'sovereign state', 'my tribe...' nonsense should stop!

"We can deal with the PEV...". Nonsense!!! Absolute bull crap. What else have "we" dealt with to prove "we" have the capacity AND willpower [both political and otherwise] to deal with this? There will be political interference, court injunctions and so much circus it will be 50 years before the first suspect shows up in court. And he will be the guy who killed the neighbours dog!

Let the main guys be shipped to the Hague irrespective of their party affiliation, tribe, gender, religion or any other group they want to associate themselves with and we will deal with the "laughing stock" manenos and other related issues later. One way would be to deal with the medium and small fish - all the way to the 'foot soldiers'. That ought to keep "us" occupied for a couple of years.

@guard - You had better start house hunting at the Hague. You might need some relatives and/or friends near you during the trial.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
If you are an eagle don't hang around with chickens; chickens don't fly....
newfarer
#7 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 10:40:36 AM

vinii wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

another clap of appluaseApplause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Mr Guard , whoever you are guarding mwambie hawesmeki.

and the same route you used to come here(wazua) , use it to go back Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

guard #1 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 7:29:41 PM

mara PLO and small http://wazua.co.ke/forum...8928&p=2#post112656 mara Ocampo must go, who are you and are you really for the good of this country?

The PEV suspects should face Ocampos music otherwise somebody could be planning the same in 2012.Iwe funzo kwa yeyote ana mafikira kama hayo
punda amecheka
mwenza
#8 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 11:13:09 AM

@Guard.............The general message you are getting from Wazua is that anything you hear from these politicians has no place here at Wazua. Wacha watu waende The Hague kwa roho safi.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
aemathenge
#9 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 11:38:31 AM

@MaichBlack,

Hear, hear.
Jaina
#10 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 12:17:02 PM

It is obvious that there is need for more awareness of the jurisdiction of the Hague court and its success rate or lack of it.

It is clear that Kenyan Government read .,...Kibaki was well briefed of what was happening during the crises. He Was and still is the Commander in chief. If there is anybody who should land in Hague first, it should be him,..then followed by Raila.

Those who think that impunity will be ended by Ocampo and his court are mistaken. The situation is destined to get uglier especially when Ocampo says he will also be questioning & investigating senior Police officers at the time. Some of them still in force.

What direction is the investigation taking?. There was a "Half Cabinet" between Jan-Feb 08'. You can guess the contents of Minutes of the cabinet meetings held at the time. which Ocampo is seeking.

As the debate goes on, which community is still languishing in IDP camps?. When it comes to IDP's, "my community" has never cropped up.
nostoppingthis
#11 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 12:33:46 PM

Jaina wrote:

It is clear that Kenyan Government read .,...Kibaki was well briefed of what was happening during the crises. He Was and still is the Commander in chief. If there is anybody who should land in Hague first, it should be him,..then followed by Raila.

Kindly expand on why both should go? their roles?
guard
#12 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 2:04:28 PM

Aha..by the tone of your comments,I feel no one is ready to pause and litsen to my argument.But that doesn't mean I will change my mind.Call me whatever you want,but the point remains that ordinary kenyans are source of these lords of impunity.@newfarer,-true, I registered the other day,because I thought this forum was different and better than others.comments by newfarer,maichblack et al,show a perfect example of what impunity in kenya is all about,-intolerance-You believe that I am not justified to my opinions..I must be from the PNU camp or whatever camp for that matter...I am a true Kenyan who loves my country and despise impunity .whether from PNU,ODM,Wazua or from whatever corner.The fact still remains,you guys have better start changing within yourselfs,that is the only way out of this mess ,Hague or no Hague...
newfarer
#13 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 2:22:51 PM

guard wrote:
Aha..by the tone of your comments,I feel no one is ready to pause and litsen to my argument.But that doesn't mean I will change my mind.Call me whatever you want,but the point remains that ordinary kenyans are source of these lords of impunity.@newfarer,-true, I registered the other day,because I thought this forum was different and better than others.comments by newfarer,maichblack et al,show a perfect example of what impunity in kenya is all about,-intolerance-You believe that I am not justified to my opinions..I must be from the PNU camp or whatever camp for that matter...I am a true Kenyan who loves my country and despise impunity .whether from PNU,ODM,Wazua or from whatever corner.The fact still remains,you guys have better start changing within yourselfs,that is the only way out of this mess ,Hague or no Hague...

G4S ooops Guard, word of advise ,listen to yourself before you write anything here.Its our habit to do so

The guilty are always afraid .

punda amecheka
nostoppingthis
#14 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 2:34:00 PM

@guard a.k.a. watchie/papa shirandula...hii rank ya "Hello" ni gani? ama wazua is better placed to elaborate?
Anyway, why is it that PNU is now crying foul over Ocampo?
YesuWangu
#15 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 2:45:04 PM

Jaina wrote:
It is obvious that there is need for more awareness of the jurisdiction of the Hague court and its success rate or lack of it.

Those who think that impunity will be ended by Ocampo and his court are mistaken. The situation is destined to get uglier especially when Ocampo says he will also be questioning & investigating senior Police officers at the time. Some of them still in force.

What direction is the investigation taking?. There was a "Half Cabinet" between Jan-Feb 08'. You can guess the contents of Minutes of the cabinet meetings held at the time. which Ocampo is seeking.

As the debate goes on, which community is still languishing in IDP camps?. When it comes to IDP's, "my community" has never cropped up.

so what is your point? please stop feeling guilty for someone else. unless you are really guilty.

stop feeling bad that your favourite politician or civil servant will end up in court.
poundfoolish
#16 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 3:19:01 PM

IM SPEECHLESS

"However,what has going on of late is making me rethink this ICC thing all together"
Please indulge me on current happenings, maybe ive not been following the news or you know something i dont.

"ICC has absolutely no right treating Kenya like a child and demanding this and that"
Yeah Sure.. like we we not soiling on ourselves in 2007

"But this can be sorted out someow without selling our soverignity"
BUT/CAN/SOMEHOW/SOVERIGNITY. Please repeat those words out loud to yourself...several times

"this Kangaroo court which is a classic example of modern day colonialism in Africa" WOLOLO

"we should bid our time and try sort our mess,because ICC will never ever solve our mess"
BID OUR TIME nad TRY to sort out.. did you say TRY???

"Please some one get this ICC thing off our beloved land." Waaah
newfarer
#17 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 3:22:39 PM

Be honest , Mr G4S , How much did they pay you to come and say this here?
punda amecheka
mwenza
#18 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 3:56:15 PM

@guard...........Of cause there is a lot of freedom here at Wazua. The freedom of expression is also guaranteed. However, why should you expect total concurrence and lack of challenge to your sentiments?

If you are against ICC, why should i agree with you?

Do you belong to the small set of people that saw nothing wrong with the Al Bashir invite the other day?
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
guard
#19 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 5:22:18 PM

Thanks@mwenza. I know this topic generates a lot of heat and emotions. I don’t expect concurrence because the topic has seen Kenyans take extreme/hardline positions based on political inclinations/tribe etc. I just feel like something is not right somehow….As I noted earlier, I am totally againist what the gava does, including the Bashir visit. My point is, maybe we were/are too angry to see where the real problem is.I want justice for the PEV victims. ICC will only go for the top guys-and not all of them-two or three.The rest might end up going scot free, including the foot soldiers. I believe our institutions are capable of handling these fellows. If we can get the political will.so we need to clean up our politics once and for all. At least we are trying we have a new constitution so let’s take the chance. Though we are party to ICC, We are a country that has structures in place. I know some guys don’t want to hear about sovereignity,but I can tell you it’s a good thing. Look at our colleagues in the ICC List-Sudan, Central Africa republic, Uganda (Joseph Kony) DRC,do you seriously think we belong to that group?. The problems will remain until we face them head on and start by being responsible citizens and electing responsible leaders.

@ ‘newfarer’ and your fellow ’members’ …. Wacheni Matusi.
Jaina
#20 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 6:22:41 PM

Sad