wazua Sat, Sep 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Safaricom Bought by Google
Elder
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:37:28 AM

Not exactly bought. And if 'bought' at all then only their SMS. Google through gmail is offering free SMS but currently only limited to Safaricom in Kenya. The phone owner can reply to your SMS and it comes back to your Gmail Chat as Chat. The phone owner who replies would of course be charged for the text.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
Njung'e
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:39:02 AM

Who wants a complicated life?
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Elder
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:47:14 AM

Njung'e wrote:

Yawa. This is not complication. I have been hearing about value added this value added that and was wondering just how much value can you add on mobile phone services. Today I have finally seen one.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
radio
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:55:16 AM

I have actually tested the service and its great Applause Applause though the sms comes with too much unnecessary info!

Good if you want to send a quick message!
ernesto
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:01:55 AM

restricted to not more than 50 sms's though d'oh!
KulaRaha
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:05:40 AM

Tried it too....I want google voice here, this sms is a gimmick....
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Much Know
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:14:11 AM

Laughing out loudly Applause
With all the value in a safaricom line (cheaper calls, okoa jahazi, mpesa, mkesho, google sms, sms bundles, please call me, popularity,CRS programmes, sonko and many more) zain deserves to be quite a bit cheaper, but it is not.
A New Kenya
chikita
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:38:28 AM

Njung'e wrote:

@ Elder exprain fery fery srowry in details otherwise guka thinks its soo comlpicated you're giving him a headache.d'oh!
If possible in kyuk prisLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Much Know
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:45:57 AM

Its available on all leading consumer email solutions such as Gmail, Windows Live, Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail as well as local email service providers. It will be available to subscribers of mobile network, Safaricom.
A New Kenya
KulaRaha
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:50:02 AM

Much Know wrote:
http://www.nation.co.ke/image/v.../600/-/p9l6e7/-/Meza.jpg
Laughing out loudly Applause
With all the value in a safaricom line (cheaper calls, okoa jahazi, mpesa, mkesho, google sms, sms bundles, please call me, popularity,CRS programmes, sonko and many more) zain deserves to be quite a bit cheaper, but it is not.

With all that, Safcon shouldn't be making profits since they're so affordable, yet they fleece you proper...
Chaka
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:16:03 PM

Safcon should make it possible to convert airtime to cash
similar to buying airtime from MPESA
alikujia
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:48:46 PM

iam seeing a pic here for the first time. very very dangerous. i didnt know it is allowed/possible. i believe many pple also dont know.. NOW WHAT HAPPENS IF THIS THREAD IS HIJACKED!!.

i VOTE THE PIC BE DELETED BY WAZUA ADMIN BEFORE THE USUAL SUSPECTS BECOMES EDUCATED. OTHERWISE ADMIN PREPARE FOR FULLTIME JOB OF CENSORSHIP.
Elder
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:14:21 PM

ernesto wrote:
restricted to not more than 50 sms's though d'oh!

The service is still in beta stage so once it is stable enough they may increase the number of SMS one can send.
Elder
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:16:54 PM

chikita wrote:
Njung'e wrote:

@ Elder exprain fery fery srowry in details otherwise guka thinks its soo comlpicated you're giving him a headache.d'oh!
If possible in kyuk prisLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Though I think Njung'e just has no time for SMSs not to mention ones from the internet. Much easier to just call or if has to send an SMS it's easier to just use the phone.

Elder
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:26:55 PM

KulaRaha wrote:

Is Google Talk blocked in Kenya? Have you tried it? I tried to download Google Talk to my phone so as to try and call and or text others on Google Talk but my phone is seemingly not recognised by their software.
Wendz
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 3:49:10 PM

Elder wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Is Google Talk blocked in Kenya? Have you tried it? I tried to download Google Talk to my phone so as to try and call and or text others on Google Talk but my phone is seemingly not recognised by their software.

Check if it recognises NOKLAs, SAMSQNGs, ERICKSQMs etc... that could be the problem.... (on a light note)
KulaRaha
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 3:52:54 PM

Wendz wrote:
Elder wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Check if it recognises NOKLAs, SAMSQNGs, ERICKSQMs etc... that could be the problem.... (on a light note)

Could be....or maybe given Safcon's target market, they prefer HIphone to iphone.
KulaRaha
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 3:54:36 PM

Elder wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Google talk works on my iphone with meebo, but google voice which is a diff product isn't av in Kenya.
Elder
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:02:31 PM

Wendz wrote:
Elder wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

It is a Palm. Love the phone to bits and have had it like for forever but there are so many mobile applications like fring etc that seem not to recognize it. Seems like the world moved on and left Palm all by itself.
Elder
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:08:27 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Elder wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Google talk works on my iphone with meebo, but google voice which is a diff product isn't av in Kenya.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Will try that meebo thing and see if it works. What about Skype? Does it work on mobile devices especially for Skype to Skype calls?