wazua Fri, Jun 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Internet Wars have started - I like it!
bird_man
#21 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 11:55:02 PM

@kyt haha!Ama kesho we roll out 8g that does 512kbps!
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
qw25041985
#22 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 12:46:25 AM

@ birdman i get your point. I also dnt understand what the rush is for for 4G ? Whynt improve 3g the same way Orange improved their cdma just the other day.
Although 4g is all the rage now evn in developd countries customers arent in a hurry to buy those expensive 4g modem.
Your future depends on your dreams so go to sleep !
chris79
#23 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 2:24:42 AM

@Kyt, Safaricom is already on 3G. Why would you waste time improving on obsolete technology? Tell me, Zain is still operating gprs/edge technology which has a theoretical maximum speed of 238kbps. Do we now tell them to stop deploying 3G until their edge speeds reach that level? It doesn't make sense to do that if there's a newer technology which works better. Any improvement in speeds, even if its just by 1kbps, is welcome in this industry. This is just a case of haters not wanting to recognise a good thing just because it's been done by Safaricom...
Bettertry
#24 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 10:28:46 AM

If what KYT is telling us is true then it means Safcon is operating on a PANIC MODE, which can be dangerous businesswise. MJ luvs talking about giving the customer value for money & protecting shareholders value, bt akiendelea kukimbia kabla ya kujua kutebea he will be contradicting himself.
We Will Either Find a Way or Create One - HANNIBAL
murenj
#25 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 10:46:06 AM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
VituVingiSana
#26 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 8:25:55 PM

BTW, 2G, 3G & 4G is about 'mobile' access so those who have cable access can (theoretically) get much better speeds than even 4G...

There is the question/problem of frequencies... Safaricom was complaining that even though they 'own/lease' certain frequencies... the DoD & Police routinely interfere...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
KulaRaha
#27 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 9:03:17 AM

Does it matter whether I have 4G or 14G?

At least give me a solid connection with decent speeds at an affordable price first...something 3G or 1G or even 0G has not been able to do!

Then you can b*llsh*t me with 4G etc etc blah blah blah....
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
sheep
#28 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 11:12:31 AM

telkom is already planning to put up a 4th cable!!! something doesn't feel right...will these fibre cable consortium's ever break even...considering the massive investments...where people struggle to put food on the table...where will this projected enormous demand come from?
The utimate goal of investing is to buy low sell high;if we re-write this core equation in psychology terms it becomes buy fear sell greed.
KulaRaha
#29 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 11:22:30 AM

We already have 3 cables, yet we are being fleeced...

I am so waiting for Zain's data offering....that will open up the cartels...
bird_man
#30 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 11:37:35 AM

I was astonished to hear MJ say that the costs wont go down.That the only way for them to go down is when many people subscribe and the fibre usage goes up (since we are using 5% of capacity).Question is......how the hell is usage supposed to go up when rates are still high??

Wanafaa waweke 1k per month for an assured 512kbps link and see results.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
tony stark
#31 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 12:36:48 PM

bird_man wrote:
I was astonished to hear MJ say that the costs wont go down.That the only way for them to go down is when many people subscribe and the fibre usage goes up (since we are using 5% of capacity).Question is......how the hell is usage supposed to go up when rates are still high??

Wanafaa waweke 1k per month for an assured 512kbps link and see results.

now their true colours show. This is the new world order. Vodafone and ilk complain how expensive it is to operate in africa etc etc. All the while raking in record profits and return from their investments here and boosting their profits back home. In vodafone's home country a triple package of landline, tv, and upto 20Mbps net connection all for 3k and mj stil has the audacity to say we have peculiar habits. This prices are to high and they hav 2 come down. The bottle neck is from the telecos and not subscribers.
KulaRaha
#32 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 2:12:18 PM

Pls be careful what you say abt MJ and Safcon...there are people here on Wazua who get very upset even if you speak sense...never say anything against those two...they are sacred cows!
Eddy
#33 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 8:49:42 PM

Granted they have done a superb job, criticism at them should be expected and not least from people who are not impressed by their performance even those not in competition - this is human nature -
Sonko is already providing good fodder for the media and on a bad footing watch this space on the repercussion.
VituVingiSana
#34 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 9:04:04 PM

Well... for all the criticism about Safaricom's internet access rates... It is a free market... If you fell Safcom is pricy, go elsewhere! Stop bitchin'

Voicecalls - I vuka'd to Zain when it was not fashionable to escape Safcom's pricing...

Data - I moved to Orange's 990/- per week unlimited... I still use Safcom for speed a & when needed... Or in areas where Orange's CDMA is a rumour!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
kyt
#35 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 11:49:12 PM

Wise words from VVS the elder designate.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.