wazua Fri, Sep 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

power back up system
junior
#1 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 1:03:37 PM

Hi all

I'm putting up a residential house and has provided for a power back up system just in case KPLC decided to start rationing. from experience and expertise, which is the best Power Back UP inverters, inductors and batteries? where can source them?

Thanks
Njung'e
#2 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 1:21:25 PM

@junior,
You must be referring to "Deep cycle cells' type of power back up and not our ordinary UPS for small equipments.That's expensive even though they derive clean and green energy.Can easily be stored in the very same house........How about a solar system especially now that it will be mandatory for developers in Nairobi or generator with an automatic transfer switch?
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Ondiek
#3 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 1:53:00 PM

Talk to Chloride Exide, Kenital or Davis and Shirtliff. From an experience perspective Chloride Exide batteries are far much better than Kenital's. D& S prices are quite high.
junior
#4 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 6:12:34 PM

@njunge. solar panel is okay but costwise , i'm not sure whethether it higher or lower. my idea was a back up system for the lighting of the whole house plus some very light energy users like T.V. With back up, it should be charging the batteries when KPLC is on AND switch on when its goes off. i thought having solar panels will be some additional fixed costs. my 2 cents