Charity Ngilu Scandals
faa
#1 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 10:12:46 AM

Wondered why Charity Ngilu has being so quiet lately,

She has being busy engaging in corrupt activities

http://www.nation.co.ke/...-/11vs4kbz/-/index.html

And1589
#2 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 10:44:39 AM

The link talks about water ministry and water boards...sijaona where they say Ngilu had a hand in the pot...ebu give us the correct link Mr.Faa
kadonye
#3 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 10:55:35 AM

Never trusted this woman after the KNH scandal when she was shielding the then director Dr Musau from parliamentary scrutiny.There was a footage in the media showing Ngilu,Musau and Angwenyi the sponsor of the bill in a restaurant on the material day when Angwenyi was to bring a motion on Musau's corruption cases...Then she's openly tribal:from appointments in health ministry to insults targeted on a community...she's clearly part of the Kenya we dont want
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
McReggae
#4 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 1:14:15 PM

And1589, I echo your sentiments broda!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Mpenzi
#5 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 1:22:35 PM

http://www.capitalfm.co....nyan-minister-9660.html

NAIROBI, Kenya, Sept 1 - Water and Irrigation Minister Charity Ngilu is on the brink of being censured by Parliament over accusations that her ministry is spending close to a third of its resources to provide water for her Ukambani backyard.

Mrs Ngilu is expected to face a Parliamentary committee to explain why her ministry had ignored the principle of equity in the last three years by spending the bulk of its resources in the Lower Eastern region.

There was fury in the House on Wednesday morning after a list of boreholes drilled by the Water Ministry in the period tabled by Assistant Minister Mwangi Kiunjuri indicated that out of the 408 boreholes drilled 126 were in the Ukambani region.

"We want the Minister to come and explain to us why she is allocating such amounts of resources to her region," said Garsen MP Danson Mungatana.

Deputy Speaker Farah Maalim ordered the Committee on Equal Opportunities and that of Lands and Natural Resources to “move with speed to carry out investigations on the matter and report to the House.”

North Horr MP Chachu Ganya, who had demanded the list, expressed anger with the inconsistencies.

"I have no problem with my brothers (from Ukambani) getting water but what I want is equity,” said the MP.

Mr Kiunjuri unsuccessfully tried to defend his ministry over the allegations but the MPs would not budge.

“We don’t want the Assistant Minister to appear because we feel he is not involved in this. We want the Minister herself,” said Mr Mungatana.

The Assistant Minister is expected to bring a further explanation to the House on Thursday even as the Minister appears before the joint committee.

"It is important that we are given an opportunity to come back here with a comprehensive answer. It will be unfair for the Ministry to be condemned unheard especially after admitting here that the answer I have given is inadequate," he pleaded.

According to the census results released on Tuesday only 15 percent of Kenyans have access to clean water.

“The implications of this are very detrimental since water is very essential. If this claim of unfairness is proven it amounts to genocide," said Abdul Bahari (Isiolo South).

According to the list tabled in Parliament on Tuesday, Nairobi comes second in the number of boreholes with 26 drilled.

"Looking at this list only one borehole has been drilled in Upper Eastern as compared to the 126 in the Lower Eastern. Since Independence no borehole has been drilled in Ndaragwa constituency," complained Ndaragwa MP Jeremiah Kioni.

Read more: http://www.capitalfm.co....9660.html#ixzz103lYVjca
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
Magigi
#6 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 1:38:37 PM

out of the 408 boreholes drilled 126
...so what? If there was more need here why not...All the 408 could as well have been sunk there as long as there was justification for it!!!
...and by the way, who is a tribalist? the one who looks at the needs of different communities and addresses them as they are or the one who will divide the 408 boreholes by 42 tribes just because each tribe has to get something? Tell me...
simonkabz
#7 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 4:57:43 PM

Hii mwanamke ni mbaya, honestly. Kwanza ukabila...
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Wendz
#8 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 5:24:59 PM

Magigi wrote:
out of the 408 boreholes drilled 126
...so what? If there was more need here why not...All the 408 could as well have been sunk there as long as there was justification for it!!!
...and by the way, who is a tribalist? the one who looks at the needs of different communities and addresses them as they are or the one who will divide the 408 boreholes by 42 tribes just because each tribe has to get something? Tell me...

You've lost it right there.... We arent talking of Utopia, we are talking of Kenya that we know.... It is true Ukambani need boreholes, but you cant say that it was justifiable to ignore all other places that have dire need for the same.... All that these guys were asking is equitable distribution not for her to ignore her region.... we all so well know how people live in N. Eastern, and northern part of the North Rift..... So, dont even pull that one on us!
kadonye
#9 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 6:58:51 PM

@Magigi, If she can justify it, it's Ok.Problem is, am sure in defending her you're just thinking of wetter regions.But give thought to people in coast,Nyanza,NEP,Northern part of eastern,Rift valley.There is nothing special with Ukambani
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
Intelligentsia
#10 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 8:22:29 PM

30% of all projects been made in Lower Eastern Region and the way we have extensive Arid & Semi-Arid Lands (ASAL) esp. in North Eastern and Northern Kenya? Ako na mashtaka ya kujibu.

@magigi, would you be supporting her if instead the 30% were in North Eastern? Unlikely. See how easy it is for a Kenyan to retreat into their tribal cocoon?
The sting of a wrong is usually light if it favours you/ your tribe (can I use this as my original quote?).

But I don't blame her - a proper and good grasp of the wider economic issues elude her. Compounded by our sad system that made an activist an MP. No wonder Anyang Nyongo and the mellow-voiced & long-haired late Apollo Njonjo once secretly tried to enrol her in USIU for an undergraduate degree to widen her thinking horizons!!
Seeders
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 10:23:36 AM

you can be sure that if this was happening in a certain part of this country, there are politicians who would by now be hoarse from calling on kofi annan and rannenberger to 'save us'.

meanwhile, is that dr. PLO Lumumba (MBS, ABK?) i hear in the background still quoting Martin Luther King, JFK, Abrahm Lincoln, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Snoop Dogg, Osama Bin Laden...etc etc etc?
Cardinal
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 10:31:53 AM

Seeders wrote:
you can be sure that if this was happening in a certain part of this country, there are politicians who would by now be hoarse from calling on kofi annan and rannenberger to 'save us'.

meanwhile, is that dr. PLO Lumumba (MBS, ABK?) i hear in the background still quoting Martin Luther King, JFK, Abrahm Lincoln, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Snoop Dogg, Osama Bin Laden...etc etc etc?

@Seeders Applause Applause eti snoop dogg,n lady gaGA.Applause Applause
Njung'e
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 10:37:40 AM

@Seeders,
That Nyef Nyef will remain poetic long after this country has been taken over by "pharmacists".....Uta-Do?
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Robinhood
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 11:32:37 AM

I remember sometime in 2003 when Martha Karua was minister for water and she allocated Kshs 600m or thereabouts (cant recall the exact amount but it was a huge amount) to water projects in Nyeri. At the same time she allocated Ksh 10m for water in Turkana. There was quite a furore over this and when asked the rationale of allocating such a huge amount to what is essentially a wet district, she retorted '' the people of Nyeri are also Kenyans and deserve water''

Ngilu is just following the script that is Kibaki's government. Once you become a minister, you immediately employ your cronies at key parastatals, if there is an existing parastatal chief, then suspend the guy under the guise of a corruption investigation, ensure that all development funds for the ministry are chanelled to your area, make sure that it is your time to 'eat' voraciously, Etc. BTW I am not saying what she did is acceptable, its just the way things are.
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...