wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Murang'a County
Jaina
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 10:00:43 AM

One of the reason why there was so many water Melons, is because of the way this new Katiba is ambiguous.

What will happen to the County and Municipal councils?. Especially when it comes to some councils which are now in different counties but previously in the same district. EG. Gatanga was previously in Thika County council, meaning all Land rates and rents were paid in thika by gatanga residents. But now Gatanga is in Murang'a County and Thika is in Kiambu.

Will there be councillors and Mayors?. There is no mention of these posts in the katiba.

Provincial Administration is another confusion in itself. If the Governor will not be incharge fully incharge of the county, then there is going to be alot of problems in running the county affairs.

Come September 2012, Kenya will be a confused state.

#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 2:46:11 PM

Jaina wrote:
Come September 2012, Kenya will be a confused state.

True. But that's automatic when you have such radical change anywhere in the world so let's not look back coz there's no going back.
People hate change but it's the only constant thing in life so let's deal. This thing will take us decades to perfect.

BBI will solve it
:)
mjuaji wa stocks
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 2:59:54 PM

@All....i am forced to reply to this by my conscience even though sitaki...the reason is ....you cant inscribe by force common sense to people given over to euphoria .... This issue of xpense to run the gava is real ...no sweet talk about it!!!

Taxation ni lazima; kwanza heavy taxes....both the national and county gava have powers to levy taxes ili kuji support...this means if you are working in nai na unatoka kakamega ama nakuru and you have some invest......hizo lazima kuna tax in both levels.....

Kusema corruption itaisha coz ya katiba mpya ...ole wenu....this people are the same......character ni ile ile...unless you do an overhaul....but in kenya hiyo Shame on you

Ukweli ni kwamba the ka - small bad % of the katiba that we refused to listen to and debate about...ndio itarudi kutukula vikali...

Wait and see!

Parklands police station traffic department is the most corrupt in kenya....discuss...
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

McReggae
#24 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:10:19 PM

Hata Wazua tulikataa siku za kwanza, somehow we became comfortable with it as time passed!!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
safariant
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 4:06:32 PM

Wazua did not come with any extra cost. They (wazua) own the idea so they can do whatever they want with wazua.
How many Senators, Governors and MP's are we going to have in 2012?
The greatest act of bravery is chancing a fart while suffering from diarrhoea
#26 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 4:18:05 PM

mjuaji wa stocks wrote:
This issue of xpense to run the gava is real ...no sweet talk about it!!!

I totally agree with you. But what are you suggesting we do because there's no looking back now?

The same argument came up when free primary education was being introduced and we worked through it, not perfectly though in fact it is still far from perfect. I think citizens need to be sensitized about it and made aware that this will really cost them. But as Raila pointed out during the promulgation; what has been done so far is the easiest part of this process.

BBI will solve it
mjuaji wa stocks
#27 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 4:31:16 PM

@2012....tafadhali fungua macho kiasi.Sad

At what cost is the free pry edu?

Are you aware that the west is funding this thing???

Note that hakuna pesa kutoka west ama uk ama us ambazo ni za free.

They come in terms of soft loans....of course hizi loans zinafanya shingo zetu zifungwe tupate kuimba nyimbo za the west....i.e doing things their way...ama tukikataa ''msaada itakwama''....hii ni pumbavu kilo nyingi!

You guys esp sisi africans lazima tuamke...sijui kwa nini kenyans believed in this katiba thing mpaka there was no sense....

The west new ...tusukume hawa majamaa wapitishe hii kitu.....the gava will be bloat...hawataweza kuimudu....then tutasema...tutawasaidia....of course thru cash....loans....sawa...

I think you have heard or seen some gus talking of 800m from u.s eti ya ku - implement katiba...

shida ni ..people refuse to think 4 themselves sasa others think for them...

Are u aware that the kenya debt is > 1 trillion??? Sad Sad

Ilitoka wapi kufanya nini na nani watalipa???

Jibu....ilitoka west na kwingineko...kuendesha masilahi ya west hapa kwetu halafu mimi na wewe tutalipa thru taxation....

mimi nilipiga NOO......ukweli ni kwamba this is the reality.....talk of ukoloni mambo leo....i say we are still clonized!!!

Ngojeni ....msilie haraka....mambo bado!!

To answer your question....msiba wa kujitakia hauhitaji kilio!!!
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

MaichBlack
#28 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 4:38:54 PM

2012 wrote:
The same argument came up when free primary education was being introduced and we worked through it, not perfectly though in fact it is still far from perfect.

Exactly! Didn't you hear Kimunya a couple of years ago [while 'reading' the budget] saying that the 5/= 'sin' tax increase per beer was to finance free education?

There is one question I'm yet to get an answer. Is the remuneration commission that is to be set up allowed to revise salaries downwards? Some people insist they are not. What's the correct position?

I was thinking we could salaries at the following levels:
MPig - 300,000/= [Still too much!]
Governor - 400,000/=
Senator - 250,000/=(?)

Each of this guys can then be supplied with one 4 wheel vehicle (GK) and a driver for official business only. Mambo ingine mtu atumie gari lake. That way we might survive. We need to spend less and less on recurrent expenditure like salaries if we are to develop!

Your take?
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
#29 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 4:44:09 PM

@mjuaji wa stocks,
My friend, I'm not disagreeing with you in fact I agree with you totally.
What I'm saying is 'maji yashamwagika'. Kenyans overwhelmingly endorsed this constitution majority ignorance of the cost. My question to you is,
1) if we were to do it all over again, what would you change and would it pass?
2) Since this is now cast in stone how would you suggest we do this? Stagger implementation?

My thinking is we bite the bullet and take it head on because if we don't do it all at once then most of it will end up on that popular Kenyan dusty shelf.

BBI will solve it
MaichBlack
#30 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 4:53:49 PM

@mjuaji - I see a lot of sense in what you are saying. The west would obviously not want to see us being self sufficient. They would do anything to put us in a situation where we'll keep running to them for help. Remember when - before 2007 - we were financing ninety something percent of our budget internally? The Kenyan government was not very popular in the west, was it? We could buy stuff from wherever we got the best prices, give tenders to whoever we choose - Chinese firms, Russian firms etc. without looking over our shoulders

Tell you what, it's only the normal mwananchi - you and me - who will suffer. The politicians will benefit big time! Not only have they created positions for themselves and brought money closer to the 'people', this loans thing works wonders for them. Do you know how many fictitious loans we are servicing. We have been repaying loans that we 'obtained' for the construction of a fertilizer factory. There were also loans we were repaying [not sure if we are still paying] that we 'obtained' for the extension of railway lines. Now good wazuans [especially those in guka's age group], tell me when was the last time we extended the railway lines by even an inch? Where is this fertilizer factory we built? ABK!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
mjuaji wa stocks
#31 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:23:44 PM

@2012...

It is hard my friend and brother.....you see..hii maji sisi wenyewe tulimwaga...na tuka mwagie wazungu.....mmoja wetu hapa alisema ....tukule sumu kwanza twende hospitali baadaye Sad Sad Sad .

Really??? A wazua member? ...you can then imagine wha type of people we have in kenya....moved by euphoria not principles; Vision; focus and a clear plan for their future…in this katiba thing …our future was reduced to a contest of tribes; parties and personalities….

as I write I feel sad!

Having said this; there are only FEW options left for us; this will only happen when Kenyans discover that none of the politicians is interested in our lives as individuals leave alone communities!

When we discover this; then WE do the following:

1. Resist the influence of the west in our country affairs just like kagame told them juzi. (though I don’t agree with kagame 100% in dealing with his people…I maybe wrong but if those who kagame has dealt with ruthlessly were puppets of the west….then kagame is right and is a man and a half).

2. Demand for immediate amendments on all sections of the constitution that we feel and find foreign; (serving interests of foreign countries; persons; groups etc).

3. Stir a new revolution by clear civic education to deliver Kenyans from the cocoons that present and past politicians have put them in for their own benefit .(i.e tribalism; clanism and others). After this do a revolt of sending home all the sitting mps except few who we will find worthy and honourable to retain their seats; the rest should be send home without pension for the rest of their lives and liable to pay taxes in their investiments.

4. When this happens ( and can only happen when all know the truth about politicians) then prosecute all past corruption cases no matter who was involved; recover the loot and embark on building Kenya mpya! Without this; DON’T BE CHEATED THAT ANYTHING BETTER CAN HAPPEN HATA KAMA KUNA KATIBA MPYA!

extrablessed
#32 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:28:16 PM

...we said this katiba was made for the politians tukaambiwa tunyamaze!!! "Mtajikaanga na mafuta yenyu kama nguruwe"... This thing was fool-proof- any time you see politicians singing one chorus, chunga!....Mwananchi atakarangwa!!!
simonkabz
#33 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:55:13 PM

Doomsayers! And you will be basking in its glory once things settle, ama? I dnt expect a smooth ride, and what im seeing is just a passing cloud. Change is CONSTANT, and things wil kip on changing fm gud to bad n fm bad to gud till the day u kick the bucket. Stop whining n face life!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
#34 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:56:31 PM

mjuaji wa stocks wrote:
DON’T BE CHEATED THAT ANYTHING BETTER CAN HAPPEN HATA KAMA KUNA KATIBA MPYA!

Spoken like a wise man. I agree with you 100%. I believe after the hype dies down we will have no choice but to charter that course.

BBI will solve it
MaichBlack
#35 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 6:30:20 PM

simonkabz wrote:
Doomsayers! And you will be basking in its glory once things settle, ama? I dnt expect a smooth ride, and what im seeing is just a passing cloud. Change is CONSTANT, and things wil kip on changing fm gud to bad n fm bad to gud till the day u kick the bucket. Stop whining n face life!

This is exactly what we are talking about. Most guys are either just optimistic or emotional. If you've read the previous couple of posts the major issue here is cost. Most of us are saying that no one wants to discuss this cost issue in a sober mind. If you look at your post above you did not even try to tackle the issue. I just see emotions, nothing else - with all due respect. This "Everything will be alright..." attitude without explaining the "how" should be left to...(who?). I don't know.
extrablessed
#36 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 6:43:06 PM

simonkabz wrote:

...an ostrich hiding its head in the sand when it sees trouble coming...
Seeders
#37 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 7:29:47 PM

kenyans always have tremendous faith that the problem will 'resolve itself naturally'.
McReggae
#38 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 7:54:49 PM

......can somebody quantify this extra cost we yapping 'bout???.
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
masukuma
#39 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 10:17:33 PM

@mcreggae..finally you ask...where do i begin...Ok
over 12 constitutional commissions some with no cap of commissioners or tenure, the central government, a huge parliament, a senate, county governments. we need to come to terms with the fact that even the salaries commission needs to be paid by someone. @MaichBlack, the taste of the pudding is in the eating. Sioni hizo salaries zikiteremka...they will be kept constant for a long while but never downwards.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
safariant
#40 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 10:40:39 PM

Extras;
Senators - 60
Governor - 47
MPs - 68

Savings:
Ministers - 24 only
Assistant Ministers - None

But this is peanuts really.

Who will be paid more? Governor or Senator or MP?
Is there a limit of term to any of them?
The greatest act of bravery is chancing a fart while suffering from diarrhoea