wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Our PM loves everything foreign
MaichBlack
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 3:36:22 PM

mwenza wrote:
And to haters of foreigners and anything foreign, please tell me.....

As developed as they are, why does England have a foreign coach for their National Team?

And since when did England become the marking scheme!? Are you suggesting that if England is doing something then it must be correct? This is the mentality that is taking it backwards. Bob Marley said it best: Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds...
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Njung'e
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 3:36:42 PM

@Mkenya/Mpenzi,
I hope all get to this debate with this in mind first and everything else thereafter.The issue is that simple.We do not have enough experienced drafters and at this point,given the number of bills to be published,i see nothing wrong in turning to our friends.....BTW,it's not just the Commonwealth countries Kenya is looking upon.Just yesterday Wetangula met a number of ambassadors from the Carribeans and S. America and i remember the call was the same.We need assistance in this area ASAP if the constitution is to ever be implemented.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
MaichBlack
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 3:46:11 PM

McReggae wrote:
Maichblack, I thought it was upon an individual to chose whatever course he/she wanna, honestly I dont think we can blame Wako coz nobody has chosen to study this discipline further!!!!

When something is of National Interest, it is the government that takes the initiative. Training of police, the armed forces, nurses, forest guards etc. is all government initiative. For example if the government realizes terrorism is becoming a very real threat, it should not wait for individuals to go for training wherever. They should identify some individuals and take them for training. This should have been treated in the same way!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
move
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 7:38:02 PM

Guys,while i may not agree with Pastor on this one,our PM has shown on countless times his love for everything foreign.Soon,he will be telling us that we need 2 get a foreign prezzo!!!
Expanding the pie
kadonye
#25 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 8:09:23 PM

I'm not a fan of RAO but on this one I think he's being overblamed him.Apart frm the Antoine Hey error do we have other cases which can prove this obsession?
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
Pastor M
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 8:16:10 AM

kadonye wrote:
I'm not a fan of RAO but on this one I think he's being overblamed him.Apart frm the Antoine Hey error do we have other cases which can prove this obsession?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkXP3FrPzXw

90% of the materials used in his new 10 million dollars office are imported are imported the office is there for only two years.....I think he should have opposed this waste of funds.
mwenza
#27 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 10:13:09 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
mwenza wrote:

As developed as they are, why does England have a foreign coach for their National Team?

And since when did England become the marking scheme!? Are you suggesting that if England is doing something then it must be correct? This is the mentality that is taking it backwards. Bob Marley said it best: Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds...

You completely miss the point my brother. The point is if you realise you don't have local talent, you simply outsource.

One of the lines the former regime used to exploit to its advantage was "WE ARE A SOVEREIGN STATE".....For me this was BS!!

For the record, you cannot develop as a country without attempting to copy the best. Thats probably why in Kenya today, we continue to use British Standards in the technical fields.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
mwenza
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 10:28:57 AM

Pastor M wrote:
kadonye wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkXP3FrPzXw

90% of the materials used in his new 10 million dollars office are imported are imported the office is there for only two years.....I think he should have opposed this waste of funds.

The PM, just like the VP had no role to play in the construction of their offices and official residence respectively. Blame the GoK through the Minstry of Public Works, if you must.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
mjuaji wa stocks
#29 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 10:29:23 AM

@ mwenza .... sioni ukimek na hiyo arguement...

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

MaichBlack
#30 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 3:39:46 PM

mwenza wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mwenza wrote:

You completely miss the point my brother. The point is if you realise you don't have local talent, you simply outsource.

Did I miss the point? Really? Compare the performance of England with their "outsourced" coach with the teams which went further in the world cup with home grown coaches.

If that's the point you were trying to make, then you chose the worst example. Ni hiyo tu.
MaichBlack
#31 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 3:42:59 PM

mwenza wrote:
The PM, just like the VP had no role to play in the construction of their offices and official residence respectively. Blame the GoK through the Minstry of Public Works, if you must.

@Mwenza - Get serious! You want to tell me you believe RAO just relaxed waiting for the day he will be told the office is done? Absolutely no input? Do you really know RAO ama unamsikiaga tu?
Anyang' Nyong'o
#32 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 3:57:54 PM

On the saem point...we have several ministries but they will be reduced to 24. What will happen to the ministers offices ?
Do not demonise the P.M. that office is not his not his personal property!!
MaichBlack
#33 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 4:08:12 PM

Anyang' Nyong'o wrote:
On the saem point...we have several ministries but they will be reduced to 24. What will happen to the ministers offices ?
Do not demonise the P.M. that office is not his not his personal property!!

Reminds me of one JJ Kamotho a.k.a. "Baba..."
mwenza
#34 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 4:33:54 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
mwenza wrote:

@Mwenza - Get serious! You want to tell me you believe RAO just relaxed waiting for the day he will be told the office is done? Absolutely no input? Do you really know RAO ama unamsikiaga tu?

Maybe you are the one who should get serious because i can tell you for a fact that the PM had absolutely no input in the refurbishment and redecoration of that shell building.
mwenza
#35 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 4:37:02 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
mwenza wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mwenza wrote:

Did I miss the point? Really? Compare the performance of England with their "outsourced" coach with the teams which went further in the world cup with home grown coaches.

If that's the point you were trying to make, then you chose the worst example. Ni hiyo tu.

I chose England deliberately because the same way you can't compare England with Spain in soccer terms is the same way you can't compare Kenya, in terms of development/politics, with...............(censured)
MaichBlack
#36 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 5:01:54 PM

Sasa wewe @mwenza, naona hatutaelewana mwaka huu. Kusema kweli haueleweki. Let's now give the other wazuans a chance to continue with the discussion because we risk turning this into a dialog. Let's just agree to disagree na maisha iendelee. Ama vipi?
mwenza
#37 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 11:09:54 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
Sasa wewe @mwenza, naona hatutaelewana mwaka huu. Kusema kweli haueleweki. Let's now give the other wazuans a chance to continue with the discussion because we risk turning this into a dialog. Let's just agree to disagree na maisha iendelee. Ama vipi?

KWELI KABISA MZEE MWENZA.
youcan'tstopusnow
#38 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 1:55:02 PM

move wrote:
Guys,while i may not agree with Pastor on this one,our PM has shown on countless times his love for everything foreign.Soon,he will be telling us that we need 2 get a foreign prezzo!!!

Does the PM love foreign airports too?
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
MaichBlack
#39 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 2:22:24 PM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
move wrote:

Does the PM love foreign airports too?

I understand there is a certain model airport related to a certain "lie low like an envelope" fellow that he [the PM] shipped to London - a local airport in a foreign country. But I understand this model airport was under threat from the original/official airport and hence the shipping.
poundfoolish
#40 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 5:59:55 PM

if there are controversial points of discussion on Wazua.. ill give my vote on
1.The Kenyan Prime Minister
and
2.Equity Bank

guys discuss them, some with facts, some with fictitious fantasies, others with emotions, some with core fundamentals... others...well others i dont know, they just blubber/type